What color should these tins be?

• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
Any issues with Ospho on the inside of the tank, i.e. flaking off and getting in carbs?
Ya know.... you really need to get a camera and start a thread on some of your work. I loves me a MGA!! :heart:
Yeah I know. I'm constantly getting crap from my buddy that does my mechanical work about it. But heck, I was using a DeVilbiss JGA-502 until about '05.

Any issues with Ospho on the inside of the tank, i.e. flaking off and getting in carbs?
I don't let it dry in there. Pour some in and slosh it around for about 10 min (slosh and let it sit, slosh again... repeat several times), then pour it out and rinse with water. Stick a blow gun in and blow it dry.

Not sure I'd trust letting it dry in there for the reason you stated.

Kevin's paintwork is climbing on a UPS truck as we speak. So... the paint room is open. :geek:
If you want some paintwork done, send me a PM. Or put it here... I ain't bashful. :wink2:
Here's the deal though, this will be a slow roll... like they ain't already... :rolleyes:
The 7th of next month... June, I go in for surgery on my left foot. In spite of this being the third surgery on that foot, I'm hopeful and looking forward to it. Dr's orders are off that foot for 30 days, then light duty after that.
Then... in early Aug, I go back for surgery on the right foot. That will be much better though, 'cause it's never been operated on before... recovery should be much quicker.
The long and short of all this is ain't no painting gettin' done in a hurry. Figure Sept before anything gets kicked out the door. Unless you have something that can be done 'tween now and the 7th?

Anyway, food for thought. Who's next?

Oh... and this showed up today. Want to keep me off my feet? Better try harder'n just surgery... :laughing:

View attachment 243032
Good outcome on the surgery's

No bondo needed. Ready for primer.

1685044101833.png

So the front fender gave me a little grief. Someone drilled a hole in it ages ago. And they drilled through two layers... a reinforcement underneath. And in between the layers rusted pretty bad. I bead blasted it out best I could....

1685313814059.png

... but welding it closed was still out of the question. What with the pits from rusting and not being able to get a heat sink in there, it just kept blowing out bigger and bigger. Plan B. Stuck a bolt in there and tacked it in place best I could.

1685314016245.png

1685314050012.png

Got enough tacks so it's not going anywhere, cut off the bits sticking out and stuffed J B Weld into the cavity 'till it was oozing out everywhere. It's a bit of hackery.... but it's solid hackery... ain't goin' nowhere.

1685314196574.png

Next I took all the paint off and discovered the front is kinda kattywhampus....

1685314318417.png

Beat that out straight as best I could and finished it off with a bit of bondo. Evercoat actually, my go to store switched brands on me.

1685314424065.png

1685314444323.png

And here we are.... dry overnight and see where I'm at. 3 bits down, 2 to go.

1685314533447.png

1685314571963.png

Last edited:
Back