Sold / Found / Inactive - PASS THE POWER, PLEASE! TRANSMISSION, SHIFT SHAFT, 2 SHIFT LEVERS, KICKSTART GEAR CLUSTER, $55 SHIPPED CONUS

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Transmission prior to late '77; only one gear has a single mark, identifying the source as earlier 447 (don't lets get into that trans identity thing!). Pulled it from a dead C IIRC.
Anyway, gears and dogs look good and bearings look good. It will work just fine in any 447 case. Shift shaft shows very nice splines as do the two shift levers(one like new, the other marred by a rust spot). Kikckstart cluster needs a good cleaning. Grab it before it runs off!

Same deal as before Payment by check through the mail, no reductions down the line, no trades or lowball offers accepted, ad down in 10 days if unsold. IMG_0980.JPGIMG_0981.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

Last edited:
Is there a shift drum and forks on-hand that can be added and purchased separately?

For you, JP, I'd be willing to dig that stuff out of a topside case and add it to the deal for another $10. $65 for the whole shebang.

Sold! (I'm in no rush at all). Please let the banter continue though!

Will "R.F.D. Carbondale" find you? I guarantee the reverse will find me:laughing:

Gaaah! Sorry, JP, there's gonna be a delay. After Herr Pahl's pin extraction method failed, I tried a dab of epoxy on hex bits. Forgot the pins were covered by plastic caps. The pulled right off, leaving the pins unmoved. Got Blaster soaking in the holes for now, will clean up with acetone tomorrow and have another go with bits and epoxy.

No hurry ya know - it's just going on a shelf for some build in the future.:smoke:

Thanks for that, JP. As my North Georgian daddy used to say, "With patience and a little grease, a persevering man can @#&^ a cat." I'll decline that contact, but will persevere.

Second removal attempt failed, JP. The upper case is useless in itself. It came to me on a parts bike that had encountered a very hard object; lower case half was broken, so the upper is salvage metal. If you want to try extracting the pins I can cut the case and lift out shaft and forks. Tell me yea or nay.

Nay. I hate that it caused trouble.

No trouble at all, JP! I need things to do that keep me working on my feet rather than sitting on my butt. I'll get the tranny shipped on Wednesday.

Back