Petrol prices

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Last Monday, (Sunday for you guys in the States), when i finished my morning job at around 7.30AM i stopped at my local Service Station to get a drink.

.........Petrol for Unleaded standard 87 was $1.91.9 cpl, (cents per liter),
...............went past 4 hours later and it was $1.95.9 cpl...........
fast forward to Friday and the price was $1.99.5 cpl..............
.............................Saturday morning it is now $2.05.9 cpl............

Last Monday, (Sunday for you guys in the States), when i finished my morning job at around 7.30AM i stopped at my local Service Station to get a drink.

.........Petrol for Unleaded standard 87 was $1.91.9 cpl, (cents per liter),
...............went past 4 hours later and it was $1.95.9 cpl...........
fast forward to Friday and the price was $1.99.5 cpl..............
.............................Saturday morning it is now $2.05.9 cpl............
98 ULP $2.44.9 per litre. Why did I modify & tune my SS LS3 ute to run on it?

98 ULP $2.44.9 per litre. Why did I modify & tune my SS LS3 ute to run on it?

Local servo did an upgrade and installed new pumps. When it opened i went to my normal bowser, (was on my DL650), and got my fuel. Filled up and thought to my self that's a bit expensive, (an extra $3 for my 15 liters), the price has gone up a bit much in the 5 weeks since they were open last............

Dummy me just grabbed the nozzle without looking/thinking and put in 98 instead of 87 and that was only sold on the 3 pumps at the other end of the servo

Northeast Indiana here. Steady rise since last week.
3.69/gallon 9 days ago.
3.89/ a week ago today.
3.99/gallon Monday morning driving to work.
On the way home Monday I stopped and it jumped to 4.25/gallon. Cost me $100 to add 3/4 tank to my 33 gallon tank on my truck.

I work in the trucking industry too. With diesel currently running 4.85/ gallon we are paying carriers a fuel surcharge of .675 cents per mile. I’ve never seen it this high in nearly 30 years in the industry.

I fill my truck at the end of my driving day everyday. BP was $3.79 per gal of regular. Premium was $3.91 a gal. Topeka is actually not that outrageous yet. I look for $4.00+ this weekend.:yikes:

Just paid $2.48 cents per litre for 98 at the local ampol station, it's the only fuel refined here in brisbane, everything else is imported and having previously worked at the refinery I like to support Aussie workers. If you travel away from the city the fuel gets cheaper even though they have to transport it there in a tanker.

3.69/gallon 9 days ago.
3.89/ a week ago today.
On the way home Monday I stopped and it jumped to 4.25/gallon. Cost me $100 to add 3/4 tank to my 33 gallon tank on my truck.

I work in the trucking industry too. With diesel currently running 4.85/ gallon we are paying carriers a fuel surcharge of .675 cents per mile. I’ve never seen it this high in nearly 30 years in the industry.

How much do you think is the rise due to price gouging?

1 US gallon = 3.785 liters............

3.69/gallon 9 days ago.
3.89/ a week ago today.

$4.30 a gallon for regular for the car (87) today,
But 5 bucks for premium non-ethanol (91) for the bikes.
"Putin Spike"; I can live with it for awhile while he squirms.

I fill my truck at the end of my driving day everyday. BP was $3.79 per gal of regular. Premium was $3.91 a gal. Topeka is actually not that outrageous yet. I look for $4.00+ this weekend.:yikes:

Just hit $4.30 here for 87, and my heating oil hit $5.25 a gallon. Needless to say I turned the heat down, tossed on a sweatshirt and put a deposit on a pellet stove haha

You guys seem to have some big differences in prices between areas as well, like us here.

You guys seem to have some big differences in prices between areas as well, like us here.
I think a lot of this depends on your proximity to refineries. As far as price gouging goes :shrug:
We definitely haven’t seen the end of it. My state legislators tried to have a temporary lift on the state gas tax, but that didn’t get pushed through. Not surprised there though. For now I’m just reducing my driving in my truck. Fortunately I only have a 15 mile drive to work/town. But with a truck that only gets 15-18mpg, I’m definitely more reluctant about making any extra out of route trips. Definitely gives more reason to be on two wheels this summer when the temp raise a bit more!

A buddy just bought a bus to convert to a motorhome. At todays prices, a fill up from empty would be $1823.00 Cdn! Crazy! Imagine what fuel will cost at a marina this summer. Glad I only have a small fishing boat with a 20hp.
Bosco, and all,
I think the two industries that are going to be drastically affected by "Putin Spike" are going to be the RV and boating industries. When I tow my 28ft. travel trailer (caravan), I average ~ 8mpg. My half-ton pickup takes 26 gallons from empty to full (although I don't allow it to get less than a 1/4 tank when towing). If gas in the northeast goes to $5.00/gal. this summer (Why not? They can...), it'll cost me $100.00 or more to fill up. Imagine those with 5th wheel toy haulers, or class A's. And power boats are notorious for not being particularly fuel efficient. What's it going to cost you to fill a 60 - 100 gallon tank in the boat? :twocents:
Tebo

Bosco, and all,
I think the two industries that are going to be drastically affected by "Putin Spike" are going to be the RV and boating industries. When I tow my 28ft. travel trailer (caravan), I average ~ 8mpg. My half-ton pickup takes 26 gallons from empty to full (although I don't allow it to get less than a 1/4 tank when towing). If gas in the northeast goes to $5.00/gal. this summer (Why not? They can...), it'll cost me $100.00 or more to fill up. Imagine those with 5th wheel toy haulers, or class A's. And power boats are notorious for not being particularly fuel efficient. What's it going to cost you to fill a 60 - 100 gallon tank in the boat? :twocents:
Tebo
I agree RV and boating are going to take a hit this season. For the last two years you couldn’t buy a boat. I’ll bet this year there will be many for sale.

For fun I searched how big fuel tanks were on offshore performance boats. Looks like some are in excess of 250 gallons. I’m guessing fuel at the marina has to be at least 10% more than on land. If fuel hits $2/L here (which I’m sure isn’t far away… especially on long weekends - funny how that mysteriously happens), then to fill up your big performance boat would be over $2,500 Cdn. That sport is too expensive for me. Many years ago I had a 21ft day cruiser I used to haul to the cottage and back for the weekend. It was nothing to burn 80-100 gallons for the weekend. Couldn’t afford that now. I guess if you can afford the big boat, the cost of fuel is meaningless.

Back