Petrol prices

You see,... I..... aren't allowed to say price gouging. some members work in the oil industry and they have voiced they were offended by that statement, I won't repeat again. I also have had posts removed when blaming the price of fuel on that not allowed statement.

There is enough proof now and i posted the link to the facts.

I also made a sarcastic remark, (framed around that link so i wouldn't have to offend with that statement), when the energy corporations have used Ukraine as an excuse to price gouge

Nothing political
A question here. Who owns the fuel in the underground tanks at the service station?

The gauge is in the truck so yeah I think the sale has to take place when it goes in the tank.
There might be floor planning or other ways to allow delayed payment.
Independent stations can buy from more than one wholesaler.

Price of fuel is all over the place here right now.

$1.69.9 per litre a couple of weeks back, now down to $1.48.9 per litre, seen today, that is for regular unleaded.

Riding season is over here. too cold so no idea what our precious 94 octane is going for.

We're back up to $1.70+ here. Soon to be back over $2.00. There has been a lack of investment in refineries for awhile now, and Exxon's chief said there will be no more refineries built in North America. Too much investment required for a product that governments have sworn to eliminate from transportation within a decade or two (😝). Payback is much longer than that, so no there's viable economic reason to build one. Hold on to your hats if they try to cap the price of Russian oil on December 5th. Our countries are run by ideologues and true believers who have no idea the colossal effort put forth by generations before us the get us the standard of living we have enjoyed, nor the colossal effort expended to maintain it. They also seem to have a magical belief in renewables, wind and solar. If they want de-petrolization, nuclear energy is the only viable alternative to prevent complete immiseration and famine, but I fear none of them have really thought out the nuts and bolts of the lunatic policies they are hell bent on implementing.

The really serious issue right now is the one month supply of diesel fuel that's left.

Back