Pics of my custom chopper build.

slister21

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some of my pics from my current custom chopper build. Hope you enjoy them. I am at the point of installing the foot controls and then disassembly for paint. I will post more photos as I have time.

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcomed.

Scott

[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• IMG_20150104_175849_051_zpsisjdri7s.jpg
    IMG_20150104_175849_051_zpsisjdri7s.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
Ahh yes, the classic 70's chopper frame. I was really wanting to do that when I built. Actually I used those plans as a guide then drew up in cad a shorter version with much of the same tubing relationships but I went 28 degree head tube.

I always wondered what that frame would look like with an XS motor, I was not sure the motor would be big enough to pull off the frame.

I looks really good, my personal taste is I don't like the trailer fender, but that is subjective. Outside that it looks great. Great work congrats!

Last edited:
yes. I like the rake, but that rear fender needs to be re-radiused before its painted. Over all, I like.

I am keeping the rear fender but am going to put a 1/4 inch rod down the center to add to it. That and making the pipes will finish up the fabrication. I have finished the pegs and brake levers and mounted the electronics tank. Off to have the frame painted early next week.

Thanks for the comments guys
Scott

Is it an optical illusion from not having exhausts yet, or maybe the large frame, or what? Looks like a long distance between the engine and the down tubes. And a whole lot of room out back. As a tinkerer, I love it, so much room to work things in.

there is quite a bit of room...the frame was designed for a big twin. The exhaust will take up some of the room and the electronics tank isn't mounted under the seat in the pics. I have since mounted it and it looks more closed in.

Scott

The forks used what are those? and can they be used for a oem triple tree?

Build looking great btw, like to see the craftmansship put into this.

Back