Pricing an Outfit???

JohnB53

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,
I have been working on a 1981 XS650 and a 2003 Velorex 562 side car combo. I have worked out most of the kinks and have been riding it this summer. The bike is a very nice low mileage (8850) bought from original owner. Need a lot of attention to get it up to riding speed. Nothing too major but everything was original so new tires, chain& sprocket electrical (stator), Canadian jets , etc. I then found a used velorex that was in my price range but it also needed a little TLC to get it up to my standards. I split the body to fix some lower damage and reinforced the entire bottom with fiberglass and mat . Painted to match the bike, new carpet and upholstery Added matching rear luggage boxes. Built the subframe and put it together. It has the original seat and also a custom matching seat with gel pads. All original items removed and replaced with used if they were modified . So I still have a 100% original bike. I am not sure if I am going to keep it or not. I am just wondering in the real world what is this outfit worth. Now I know that is a loaded question. I know there is stupid overpriced and way under price offers. But there is an average middle of the road real world value. I don't really have a firm idea so that is why I am here fishing for answers. Thanks in advance. JohnB
IMG_0470.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 114
It would really depend if you are holding off to sell it to someone who wants a 40 year old motorbike with a sidecar.

I’ve always said, the only good side car is parked in my buddies garage haha.

a sidecar may add 1-2k depending on where your at.

bike might fetch 1.5-3k depending on locating.

maybe splitting it up might get you more money and make a sale easier.

Hello All,
I have been working on a 1981 XS650 and a 2003 Velorex 562 side car combo. I have worked out most of the kinks and have been riding it this summer. The bike is a very nice low mileage (8850) bought from original owner. Need a lot of attention to get it up to riding speed. Nothing too major but everything was original so new tires, chain& sprocket electrical (stator), Canadian jets , etc. I then found a used velorex that was in my price range but it also needed a little TLC to get it up to my standards. I split the body to fix some lower damage and reinforced the entire bottom with fiberglass and mat . Painted to match the bike, new carpet and upholstery Added matching rear luggage boxes. Built the subframe and put it together. It has the original seat and also a custom matching seat with gel pads. All original items removed and replaced with used if they were modified . So I still have a 100% original bike. I am not sure if I am going to keep it or not. I am just wondering in the real world what is this outfit worth. Now I know that is a loaded question. I know there is stupid overpriced and way under price offers. But there is an average middle of the road real world value. I don't really have a firm idea so that is why I am here fishing for answers. Thanks in advance. JohnBView attachment 194486

Hi John,
used sidecars are hard to find so it's usually a sellers market.
XS650/Velorex makes a really nice rig, I built one kinda like it though mine weren't as pretty as yours.
650 Velorex rig 1.JPG
Did you hook up the chair's brake?
I connected my Velorex's brake cable to a separate pedal next to the bike's rear brake pedal
and to a Toyota handbrake lever so it worked as a parking brake.
I sold my Velorex sidecar for Cdn$1,000 when I put a Spirit of America sidecar on my bike.
What I'd ask for your rig in your area would be between $2,500 & $3,500

Back