"Quick" Carb Question

ercwndt

Eric Wendt
Reaction score
I picked up a used set of carbs (in amazing condition, for a great price). They have the "1" style needle jet, do I need the #2 style needle jet.

Any help would be great. Mostly worked with Dellorto PHBGs for previous projects. Primarychokeandairbleedneedlejets.jpg

You need to give more information, unless your working for the NSA and are not allowed.

Like what carbs are you talking about.

Possibly you need these;

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-37.html#products

Scroll down for the cv version, the vm version is at the top of the listings

Pictures are good. One of your carbs would be helpful.

But it just a guess.

My crystal ball is broke.

Oh, sorry about that thought I posted which carb it is. Its a Mikuni VM34 from Sudco (or at least it has the Sudco sticker on the float bowl). I didn't know if having the breather style needle was a necessity. It definately has the "half moon" extrusion on top, so I wasn't sure if that was enough info to know if I needed a #1 style or if it needed to be replaced with a #2 style.

Thanks!

There are two distributors for Mikuni America: Sudco and Carb Parts Warehouse. As 5twins says, all that sticker tells you is which distributor handled the carbies; they're sold with generic jetting, and for XS650 street tuning, every piece of brass except the float valves and the slides has to be changed. Re. the link, you need to register and sign in at XS650 Garage to get access to the VM Carb Guide; that's the only way we could establish read-only access and keep the reference threads from being turned into an unusable mess by every idiot who wanted to socialize and add his 2 cents worth of ignorance . Do yourself a favor and buy a copy of the Sudco Mikuni Tuning Manual; as I indicated in the introduction to the Guide, I don't believe in repeating information that's already available in print.

Back