Radian swingarm for a tracker = $$$$$ ??

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
Man these things are going through the roof, at least on Ebay. The only one there now is currently @ $300. At these price's I doubt I'll ever buy one. :banghead:

Wow. I'm hanging on to the one I have. :) I have some RZ350 Swingarms that fit. I would have to check, but I recall they are just a little longer and the pivot bolt is the same. I think the axle is smaller. Made from rectangular tubing, and looks good-the axle plate is welded on unlike the Radian arm.

John

Paid $60 for mine last year but I had a hell of a job finding one that was reasonably prced.

I ended up buying a job lot of spares for a Radian that I could see the swinging arm buried under the rest of the spares in the photo on evil bay. Won the auction and told the seller to send the swinging arm and other associated bits to me and let him keep the rest of the stuff to try and sell on again. Result for both parties.

Good luck with your search, as said above the RZ arms will fit (need to weld on shock mounts) and some swinging arms off of twin shock RM suzikis will fir and would look dead cool (theres a picture of one fitted to either an XS650 or an XT500 somewhere on the forum)

This is an RZ arm.

Attachments

• rzswingarm.jpg
    rzswingarm.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 473
People are paying $300 for radian arms? That's silly. At that point the motolana one is only $50 more and twice as nice.

@post#6, I'm assuming the appeal of these Radian swingarms is that they have the mount tabs for our shocks. The RZ, while similar box style, is setup with linkages for monoshock. Minor welding would be required so apparently ebayers are deciding to overpay for something that bolts up.

I saw that $300 radian arm too, nearly enough to make me give mine up! I think I paid about 100 a year or so ago, it didn't have the axle adjusters but I had a set that I was able to fit to the radian arm. There are theTX750 arms also, which are stronger but no one would know it's trick unless you told them it was on there, LOL The weld on brace kit looks trick. Severala have fitted the YZ250 arms but you have to get the right year YZ250 (older I think, there's a thread....)
The swing arm brace kit is still around on flea bay isn't it?
pic shows YZ250? TX750 and stock arm

swingarms.jpg

Here's a few comparo shots; notice the radian shock mounts are a bit wider than the XS650 the arm is longer and an XS axle is a bit short.

The adjusters pictured were off some old Honda crotch rocket, had to shrink em to fit inside the radian arm..

radian swingarm 001.JPG

radian swingarm 002.JPG

radian swingarm 009.JPG

Her's a few comparo shots notice the radian shock mounts are a bit wider than the XS650 the arm is longer and an XS axle is a bit short.

Yep, if the lower mounts are used in the stock Radian position, the bottom of the shocks will be pushed out from their natural centre line.

I'm using the stock wheel spindle, however I am also using an RD400 back wheel so the stock Radian spindle diameter matches the stock RD wheel bearing size.

hi,,,,, if you wanted toooooo you could buy off ebay.... a tx750 swingarm ..which is heavier wall thickness bolt straight in and ride regards oldbiker

The frame I'm working with is a 79 Special. I believe the Special's top shock mount on the frame is set further forward, than the Standard's frame, which makes the shock lay down more. You can see in the pic how the Radian arm shock mount is further back and further out. Any thoughts on if it is normal to move the bottom shock mount on the Radian swingarm to the same position as the stock special swingarm?

radianswingarm002.jpg

Pic is from gggGary. Thanks Gary.

Back