Rake question.

strungxout

Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a 75 with 4 inch extended forks for a winter project. I know I'll have to rake it to even it out, but I've never actually raked a bike... so I was hoping I wouldn't have to cut the neck and I could just throw on a set of triple tree's. Was wondering if anybody could run me through the process? And also I've been looking around for an aftermarket exhaust so I don't have to bend anything.. I can't really find anything at all. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot.

we did a 73-550 honda before by just cutting the neck plate from the bottum up to about a inch from the top then heating and stretching the neck out then plating it.that worked for us and we have not had any issuse with it .just my:twocents:

Do you want a raked bike with 4 inch over forks? If you are just trying to even it out, you could get some stock forks and not have to rake the frame.

As far as aftermarket exhaust, what look are you going for? XS650RR a nice looking Jemco exhaust for his tracker.

feature05.jpg

You could get these from Omar's Racing

miledual.gif

http://www.mikesxs.net/ has some aftermarket and reproduction options.

Back