Re-chroming

Niels B

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know a shop in NE Florida that does re-chrome of mc parts? I’m in Jacksonville area.

Anyone know a shop in NE Florida that does re-chrome of mc parts? I’m in Jacksonville area.
Space Coast Plating They are in the Daytona area. They are very good. I've spent a lot of my customers money there over the years. I too am in the Jacksonville area. Good chrome plating ain't cheap and cheap chrome plating ain't good. Keep us posted.

Space Coast Plating They are in the Daytona area. They are very good. I've spent a lot of my customers money there over the years. I too am in the Jacksonville area. Good chrome plating ain't cheap and cheap chrome plating ain't good. Keep us posted.
Sounds like you are running a shop ? Don’t know a lot of places around here that work on old bikes - except for Garrison Moto in Jax beach

That’s cool - like the vintage cars but takes to much space and money :). Wish I could paint other than from a can - haha. I’m retired from the merchant marine and spend most of my free time working on old motorcycles ( mostly the mechanic part of it). Got an ice set up but I’m at the beaches so space is limited around here.
Who do you send stuff for blasting at ? I found that all want to powder coat your frame if you send them their way - I know it works and look good but I don’t like it - especially not on frames.

Try Adkins Sandblasting. They're on the northside of the Dames Point Bridge. He's done a bit of work for me. The only thing is, he uses a heavy grit sand , meaning you're going to have to sand and prime it a couple of times to smooth it out. I'll be happy to guide you through that process.

Back