Real Estate Update

Howdy @Mailman / All:

Yeah, I have been falling down on my social duties recently - work has been nuts. Why the heck didn't I stay retired last Sept? :wtf::shootme:
The key thing is that while I am not yet winning, I think that I have stopped loosing - so that is a plus.

Anyhow, the Great Canadian Pole Barn project is reaching a climax - the exterior is complete except for two lights on the south and east walls, and the interior is nearly done as well. The latest project involved hanging about 15-16 4'x8' sheets of 1/2" G1S plywood on their long edges around the walls and then putting up 28 sheets of the same material vertically above the horizontal sheets (the walls are 12' high - see the photo).

All of this had to be done with the barn crammed full of bikes, parts, machine tools, and general crapola so it involved a fair bit of shuffling stuff around.

I will put up some better photos likely tomorrow showing the whole interior, but for now, here are a couple of in-process views to give you an idea of what I was blathering about above....

View attachment 247838

View attachment 247839

The next big step will come next year after my wallet has cooled down - I will be installing a 24,000 BTU / 2 ton mini-split AC unit.

Between now and then, Daughter #3 is getting married in mid-Sept. and I have a lot of other stuff on the go - including getting my 1976 XS650C, the redoubtable Lucille :yikes:, going again (alternator and voltage regulator issues) and building the 1981 XS650SG cafe bike - Demi, using those beautiful tins that Jim painted for me so very long ago.....

Pete
Looking good it's just takes awhile especially if you have other commitments
I like those saddle bags on the ?? I have a pair along with the backpack to go with it
Take a tme out you'll get there before winter sets in

Back