Real Estate Update

Pete, now you are retired. You must double down on your health. We have a lot to do. We have grandkids to see grow up and a lot of places to see by the seat of a motorcycle. Be well!
Right on Marty - good thought for sure. The Mrs. and I have started a regular walking program around the area (we are fortunate to have some nice quiet country roads and a nice section of the Trans-Canada walking trail less than 1 km away.

Meanwhile, here are a few more shots of the attic as I begin moving stuff from below:

EA9E7E65-EB2D-4498-A02B-43F4752F4B31.jpeg

430B107B-5A72-467E-B337-07E6E0627993.jpeg
38979BFD-C5D9-43D4-AD2E-05E32042BA91.jpeg
0DE118C7-32CE-4BE7-BA8D-90D7BF773F93.jpeg
47F7376A-8B9A-49A3-A769-AB7B96285230.jpeg

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Attachments not coming through
Could be the website acting up

Looks good
I wish I would have thought of attic storage I just blew a ton of cellulose of insulation up there and sealed the hatch

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Attachments not coming through
Could be the website acting up
Just noted that sometimes images wont load via "attachment" tab.
But they do if you use this tab (centre) on the tool bar:
Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 15.13.12.png

Cheers
Ads.

That's a a great place for storage, Pete! The "elevator" is so cool... Just be careful how much total weight you're putting up there. It looks like you've got 2" x 6" rafters, good & sturdy, but they'll only hold so much.... :thumbsup:
Right on Tebo - I’m being careful.

No tote weighs more than about 40lbs and I’m spreading them around. The overall plan is to move much of the stuff to my pole barn…..which I hope will be built….eventually.

Pete

Last edited:
Progress Report:

I have built a little lifting platform with which to move smaller items that aren’t suited to the cargo hook / chain rig that I use on the larger Rubbermaid totes and it works fine. We bought a 5-level shelf unit at Home Despot and I scarfed one of the shelves for the platform and used some U-bolts to attach it to the lifting rig with snap links.

ECB1E05C-D9F6-4F3A-A791-AFD5C08AE232.jpeg

I have also switched over to the snatch-block hook (the one with the pulley) as it slows down the lift speed which makes it easier to “steer” the loads through the rather small hatch opening in the attic floor. Also, this doubles the lifting capacity of the winch to 440 lbs, but I would never ever come close to that load.

I think that the heaviest thing I have lifted thus far might weigh about 60 lbs and that was plenty.

5B089D96-5CF3-48CE-BB34-F9175FAAD2D0.jpeg

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of photos of the present (2 minutes ago) state of the Disaster Central Workshop (DCW) at the new place....
Garage_before - 1.jpg

Garage_before - 2.jpg

While the DCW will never look like @Mailman's immaculate shop, in my defense, please allow me to point out that there are:
- three bikes in there plus;
- a fairly big John Deere garden tractor with a plough blade on it, along with,
- all the beautiful tins as painted by @Jim AND,
- all of the shop equipment for the pole barn (should it ever be approved by the local-yokel approval wankers) AND,
- a whack-load of SWMBO's stuff including the sewing machine table (foreground - soon to be sold) AND,
- a bunch of UHaul boxes that Daughter #2 and her beau are taking away on Sunday evening.

Today's task will be to push Demi (the third XS650 - the Cafe donor bike) around from the garden shed and into the garage, re-commission the bike lift and move a bunch more stuff up to the attic.

...and here is a video of the hoist in-action.

Pete

Last edited:
Remember this? Furnace for the shop

Well, sometime in late March or early April, the pump defecated in the sleeping apparatus.

At that point, I discovered that there are two versions of the trailer furnace. The older ones had a pump/motor that ran at 1725 RPM, the newer ones run at 3450. Parts for the older ones are NLA. Of course, mine was the older one.

My furnace guy was going to cobble together a new motor/pump that would fit my furnace, but he's notorious for taking on more than he can handle and forgetting anything that isn't of an immediate nature.

I've been checking Craigslist off and on since the old furnace died and spotted two this week. One close by but the pictures looked pretty rough, and one further away that looked much better, had more pictures and (of course) cost more. Couldn't seem to hook up with the close guy so went and got the further one this morning.

Just need to get the Grandson down to help me horse the old one out and the new one in and I should be back in business for this Winter. While things are apart, I'm going to make a couple of minor "Lessons Learned" mods to my plenum/duct arrangement and should see even more efficient heat. I was pretty pleased with the old set up in terms of heat provided vs. oil used, but more is better, especially thanks to Brandon...

Remember this? Furnace for the shop

Well, sometime in late March or early April, the pump defecated in the sleeping apparatus.

At that point, I discovered that there are two versions of the trailer furnace. The older ones had a pump/motor that ran at 1725 RPM, the newer ones run at 3450. Parts for the older ones are NLA. Of course, mine was the older one.

My furnace guy was going to cobble together a new motor/pump that would fit my furnace, but he's notorious for taking on more than he can handle and forgetting anything that isn't of an immediate nature.

I've been checking Craigslist off and on since the old furnace died and spotted two this week. One close by but the pictures looked pretty rough, and one further away that looked much better, had more pictures and (of course) cost more. Couldn't seem to hook up with the close guy so went and got the further one this morning.

Just need to get the Grandson down to help me horse the old one out and the new one in and I should be back in business for this Winter. While things are apart, I'm going to make a couple of minor "Lessons Learned" mods to my plenum/duct arrangement and should see even more efficient heat. I was pretty pleased with the old set up in terms of heat provided vs. oil used, but more is better, especially thanks to Brandon...

Sounds like you are meeting with success DE - good for you!

....and isn't it amazing how the part that is unavailable always seems to be for the version of whatever that you own...while the ones that ARE available do not fit your version?

Back