Real Estate Update

"Blowing a mouse" through conduit was a great time saver. Also kinda fun.
0dcd3033a8ecaa55e41c93f9843ea2f3.gif

I've used the mouse-and-string method too, especially on long runs of CAT5 twisted pair cable. I've also used a slingshot to fire a nut tied to a string across sections of drop ceiling. That's a crap shoot if there's anything in the way, but saves a lot of time when it works.

If "blowing a mouse" don't ever try to catch it as it comes out of a pipe. Learned the hard way. 3/4 inch mouse 125 psi and you end up with a hell of a bruise on the palm of your hand. Best to let them come out and grab their tail.

I've used the mouse-and-string method too, especially on long runs of CAT5 twisted pair cable. I've also used a slingshot to fire a nut tied to a string across sections of drop ceiling. That's a crap shoot if there's anything in the way, but saves a lot of time when it works.
I used to use a crossbow in commercial building ceilings... Fast and easy way to get a pull cord across several hundred feet of warehouse or manufacturing plant.... I worked in electronic security/fire/access control in the late 80s/early 90s. Did lots of installs and rewires in Westinghouse, Bendix, AAI, and other military contractors. Westinghouse's torpedo plant and radar plant were favorites!

Then there are guys who take a section of pipe or conduit jam a potato in one end and a mix of oxy and acetylene in the other end and aim it across the quarry, had some trouble making welders working there one summer! Another time one of the welders in the shop just filled a pipe with no potato an lit it off. Boss came out of office trying to find which loader had blown a tire!

The fun things you could do before all the safety people took over the company!

Sounds like you probably spent a lot of time in CIC. HooYah:thumbsup:

Actually, in 22 years of active duty, I spent a total of 12 days aboard ship.

I did, however spend a LOT of time in buildings with no windows behind 10 foot high fences topped with razor barb and patrolled by Marines with guns...

Back