Wanted - rear drum hub inside spacer OR DIMENSIONS

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
FOUND rear drum hub inside spacer Thanks

I need the spacer that fits inside the hub, between the bearings, on a Rear Drum Hub. http://www.biker.net/83_650sk_parts/chassis/83_rear_wheel.PDF
Parts # 6 & 7 in the above drawing -- pretty sure they are always pressed together as one part. Any year should work, any spoke pattern, 1970 to 1983, as long as it is a drum hub.
Will buy outright, or will trade -- I have just about every part there is from 1975 onwards.
If someone with the tools to make one wants to do so that would be cool too, but I don't know the dimensions.

Last edited:
Bump...
I know these are rare. Looking to pay $25 shipped if anyone has one, or will make a trade in your favor.

Jrluz14 and redefinecycles, thanks for the responses. I have sent you both PMs.

I have changed the thread title -- I am still looking for the spacer as in my original post, OR if someone can give the dimensions so that a spacer can be made. The spacer is really two parts, # 6 & 7 in the drawing below, I need dimensions of both pieces. Thank you.
http://www.biker.net/83_650sk_parts/chassis/83_rear_wheel.PDF

Part #7 is nothing important. It just keeps the spacer from flopping around in the hub when the axle is off, making it more difficult to re-install the axle.

You can replace part #7 with a few wraps of duct tape to keep the spacer more or less centered in the hub.

I might have one at home I can measure.

Tim, thank you. I knew that was the purpose of #7, but it never occurred to me to make one myself -- there are a lot of make-shift solutions for that collar that would work. Thanks for helping me realize that.

I found a NOS spacer, part #6, on the shelves of several dealers around the country, and I am getting one shipped for $20. I now know how to do a country-wide dealer search for "obsolete" parts, it's pretty cool.

So, I am changing the title of this thread again, I no longer need the part or the dimensions, and thanks to everyone who offered help.

DogBunny, I was following your spacer search with interest since it's similar to my search for the sprocket side collar and dust cover. I'm not having much luck so far. Can you explain how you managed to conduct the country wide dealer search for obsolete parts. And secondly, how do you determine the actual Yamaha part number.
Your expertise in these matters has me in awe. Can you provide insight?

roy

roy, like me, you are looking for two separate parts that are pressed together. I actually have what you need, but it means breaking up a good axle set, so I want $25, shipped, for the collar/dust cover combo -- that's what I was willing to pay for the spacer that I needed. PM me if you are interested.

Finding the part numbers is easy. Go here:
http://www.biker.net/650parts_index.html
and find the Parts Manual for YOUR year. Then just find the right drawing, find the numbered part in the drawing, and get the long Yamaha part number from the list.

The nation-wide search is the cool part. The big Yamaha dealers have a program called Lightspeed or Light Speed. So, call a big dealer, and tell them that you want them to do a Lightspeed search for a part number that you have and need. If you can't find a dealer who uses Lightspeed, PM me. The dealer will instantly pull up the locations and phone numbers of any dealer in the Lightspeed system who has your part. Just get a couple numbers for the closest dealers with the part, then call them, and you are set. You may have to find two separate dealers for the two different parts that you need, so with shipping, it may be expensive. PM me if you want mine for $25.

Dogbunny THANKS for the name of the program.
I've asked several on the phone cause I knew they could do a nationwide search IF they were part of the program. Now that I have a name for it maybe I will get some better results also.
Not all dealerships have this so it still pays to goggle for dealers and start calling.

weekendrider, I don't want to abuse the system or overload my local parts guy with a lot of part numbers or, but I would love to sit at his computer for a couple of hours and play around. I am sure there are brand-new factory painted tanks out there, and fenders and TCIs and other cool stuff.
When I bought my NOS spacer, the price was the same as is listed on boats.net -- $10.20. The collar was also the same as on boats.net -- $3 (I did not buy a collar, I am making my own as Tim of DO THE TON suggested).
So, a NOS 1974-5 tank would be $265 plus shipping. Too much for me, I'll bondo and paint an old dented tank, but it might work for someone doing a resto.

Tim, thank you. I knew that was the purpose of #7, but it never occurred to me to make one myself -- there are a lot of make-shift solutions for that collar that would work. Thanks for helping me realize that.

I found a NOS spacer, part #6, on the shelves of several dealers around the country, and I am getting one shipped for $20. I now know how to do a country-wide dealer search for "obsolete" parts, it's pretty cool.

So, I am changing the title of this thread again, I no longer need the part or the dimensions, and thanks to everyone who offered help.
DB you didn't happen to dimension this spacer when you had it in your hands?
8 years later, turns out it's a hens tooth bit of info. I just went to the shed and didn't have any rear internal parts loose so they can be measured.

Missed by "that much" :lmao: Thanks, found a dimension by GLJ in another thread.
upload_2020-4-27_14-13-6-png.165407

That spacer is used for all years of DRUM rear wheels
90560-20135-00 SPACER Not Available fits the following models and components:

Yamaha Motorcycle 1972 XS2 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1980 XS650G REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1981 XS650H REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS650_2F REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1973 TX650 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1982 XV920RJ REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1974 TX750A REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1973 TX750 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1971 XS1B REAR WHEEL