Rear engine mount bolt problem

816niner

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I bought a rolling chassis with hardtail installed. Found missing lower motor mount bolt. Bought and installed. Now lower rear will not line up. Can I run missing one bolt?

I plan on cutting frame and fixing next winter but want to ride this summer?

33A069CA-9C21-45FB-813A-94DC721066C6.jpeg

Going to drill and burr bit bigger. Over thinking I am. That stinking thinking. Flux capacitor my ass

What type engine mount at the front? If the front mount is independent of the frame, you could rock the engine back until the bolt slides through the rear mount, then fabricate a new front mount to suit.

Yeah, someone hardtailed it and didn't get everything lined up. If it were mine I'd do as you're planning... just oversize the hole and run it. Maybe fill the holes and redrill 'em on the next teardown.
I would however... take a damn good look at everything else as far as welds and alignment go.
... and welcome to the forum. Where in KC? I'm up in Gladstone.

Yeah, someone hardtailed it and didn't get everything lined up. If it were mine I'd do as you're planning... just oversize the hole and run it. Maybe fill the holes and redrill 'em on the next teardown.
I would however... take a damn good look at everything else as far as welds and alignment go.
I am not far Excelsior Springs! What do you ride? I am planning on year from nor tearing down and either sending frame off to voodoo vintage because I have clean MO title on this frame and they can weld my neck tube on new perfect frame.

I messed up when I bought it, the mid controls covered lower long bolt missing.

Back