Rear Master Cylinder Mounting Hole Distances

Bewarethemoon

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone running a disc brake on the rear (or even just have an old master cylinder laying around) let me know the distances between the mounting holes, either on the frame or unit itself?

Thanks for any help offered.
Daniel.

Bit late.........The 48mm should be fairly accurate but you need to measure Center to center on the Slave cylinder........Green line, pic 2

Make sure you have all the components and use the measurements i have given as a starting point. The brake actuator that goes through the frame is the starting point, so the shaft is square to the MC as it sits on the brackets..........if that makes sense.

On the factory tubes/brackets, (the MC bolts onto), have been set into the frame a bit, not just welded to the top so make a grove about 5 to 7mm deep, then weld them in making sure your always square to any lines your working on

This thread from FB71 may help
https://www.xs650.com/threads/long-time-comin-82-heritage-restomod.51701/

DSCF7717 copy copyright.jpg

s-l1600 copyright.jpg

Last edited:
Bit late.........The 48mm should be fairly accurate but you need to measure Center to center on the Slave cylinder........Green line, pic 2

Make sure you have all the components and use the measurements i have given as a starting point. The brake actuator that goes through the frame is the starting point, so the shaft is square to the MC as it sits on the brackets..........if that makes sense.

On the factory tubes/brackets, (the MC bolts onto), have been set into the frame a bit, not just welded to the top so make a grove about 5 to 7mm deep, then weld them in making sure your always square to any lines your working on

This thread from FB71 may help
https://www.xs650.com/threads/long-time-comin-82-heritage-restomod.51701/

View attachment 213920
View attachment 213921
Cheers Skull,

That’s all I needed! I’ve bought a Nissin master cylinder off eBay and it looks to be just the ticket.

I have a ‘79 special frame so it has the mounts right on top of the foot peg mounts.

I’m using a combination of Cognito Moto & Tarozzi parts for the rearsets.

Daniel.

Back