rebuilt engine

triumph68

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys i want to know if there is anyone in the states sells complete rebuilt motors . you might think im jokeing but to get your own motor striped down and rebuilt in australia costs a small fortune ive been quoted between $5000 to $6000 dollars and thats from several different workshops i was wondering if it would be cheaper to buy a compleate one form the good old USA ? does anyone know any workshop that would sell and ship one to australia ? thanks Andrew from down under

No idea where you are in Brisbane, it is a big place.

When i was living there a couple of years ago i come across one of those small Bike Garage's and went in and had a talk about things for my XS650. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about and the XS650.
I Google Mapped it and here is the link if your interested.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.4924097,153.0457298,3a,37.5y,359.03h,84.52t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s11MY2FPPXVMln7YZOyAfCQ!2e0?hl=en
There are 2 shops side by side. I went into the one on the left.

Now i Have no idea what he would charge for a rebuilt engine, probably no less than your quotes, but some of these guys will do some mechanical work and let you do the rest,. like you strip the engine and they do some work.

Getting an engine built in the states is going to cost thousands and then with the freight and exchange rate you would be back up to the $5000 from here.

Source the parts then do the stripping and reassembly your self with the help here. Head work and crank can be sourced from a mechanic. That is assuming your crank needs to be rebuilt, and you don't say anything about what you plan on doing or whether your doing a rephrase.

I agree, with the forum, and a manual its pretty easy. I sent the crank 6 hours east of me for new rods. Had a friend tig weld the pins. Shop in town did the 3rd over bore for me. The rest i did my self including clutch basket rebuild, and trans gear swapping etc etc.

Back