Rephased Cam

dps650rider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Was wondering what others have used for a 277 rephased cam. I have a Megacycle rephase in my current engine but that was very pricey, I think around $500 when I got it in 2007. I'm putting together another rephased engine and was wondering what others are using. Was looking at Hugh's service where he modifies a stock cam by cutting it, etc. but have concerns about reliability. Any input would be appreciated.

76484-b09627d8348b054c36e3e69ab232b56d.jpg

Check with Daniel at Pandemonium Choppers. I know he does re-phased motors too. No idea what he charges for cams though.

I believe all 277 re-phased cams are regrinds, I don't think anyone is casting new 277 cams.

I believe all 277 re-phased cams are regrinds, I don't think anyone is casting new 277 cams.
Magacam cams are new billet cams not a reground, that why the cost so much. A 277 cam is any cam that has been rephrased. Magacam may make a new 277 cam.

Magacam cams are new billet cams not a reground, that why the cost so much. A 277 cam is any cam that has been rephrased. Magacam may make a new 277 cam.
According to their catalog they do. It says to specify phasing when ordering.
xscams.PNG

In my current engine I have a Megacycle 277 cam. I checked Smedspeed and they offer billet cams and in a similar price range.

Hugh takes a 360 cam, cuts it in half and sleeves and welds it back together for quite a bit less money but I'm just a little apprehensive about the longevity of doing that. Anyone ever seen any problems with his cams or have any opinions on this process?

Back