There's two of 'em for sale now. Ya'll are falling behind. Do try and keep up lads... :wink2:

Untitled.png

So this pretty much uses up the last of my rewinding consumables. I'll need to order more after these sell. Depending on cost, I might raise my prices slightly. Dunno... we'll see.

Last edited:
There's two of 'em for sale now. Ya'll are falling behind. Do try and keep up lads... :wink2:

View attachment 238151

So this pretty much uses up the last of my rewinding consumables. I'll need to order more after these sell. Depending on cost, I might raise my prices slightly. Dunno... we'll see.
Forget about them hot dogs; I support raising your prices.

Pssst..... hey buddy, wanna buy a rotor?

Rewound one for a customer, so I decided to do another.
Price is unchanged.... $130 outright, $105 with exchange. Shipping is $11 anywhere in CONUS.

1681316138283.png

You say “old style”. Whats the difference compared to i guess your new style ones?
Plenty of sources here to give you the answer to that. Look - it - up. :er:

Price is $130 outright, $105 with exchange.

Why would I look that up?!? Makes zero sense.
And that, in a nutshell, is your problem.
Why go to the trouble of learning something if I have to (gulp) actually do the research myself. I'd much rather be spoon fed.

Anyone else interested in a rotor?

'K... first off, I'm retired. I don't do this to make money, it's mostly to help out the XS community. If I was trying to make a living at it, I'd be charging $250 like most other shops do for a rewind.
Since I don't do this for a living, I can also pick and choose who I deal with.
For instance, snotty nosed little brats like you, the ones who feel like we should give them everything 'cause it's just too damn hard to figure it out themselves... they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

Anyone else need a rotor? :er:

Sir. Can I get an address so I can send you one for my 1972 XS650. I am going to Ft. Riely, KS to work in a couple weeks. Let me know how long it takes to rebuild one. Maybe I can pick it up on my way back home. I will be flying into KS airport. Thanks.

Sir. Can I get an address so I can send you one for my 1972 XS650. I am going to Ft. Riely, KS to work in a couple weeks. Let me know how long it takes to rebuild one. Maybe I can pick it up on my way back home. I will be flying into KS airport. Thanks.
Sure. I'll send you a PM.

Had to tool up last week for a customer. Decided to build up few more. Here's one of 'em. The other is an old style that I added the TCI magnet to. Soon as I test it on the run stand, I'll put it up also.

Price is unchanged since I started rewinding 'em.... $130 outright. Send me a good core and I'll refund the $25 core charge.

1695240057843.png

Had to tool up last week for a customer. Decided to build up few more. Here's one of 'em. The other is an old style that I added the TCI magnet to. Soon as I test it on the run stand, I'll put it up also.

Price is unchanged since I started rewinding 'em.... $130 outright. Send me a good core and I'll refund the $25 core charge.

View attachment 251733

Jim's rotors are a helluva deal gents - by far the best way to solve charging system problems on an XS650!

Pete

Back