RIDE INTO HISTORY event

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
" Motorcycle Concours d'Elegance " which implies the best of subject matter.... motorcycles ..in a opulent setting. I've been to a few Concours d'Eleance events.... serious location... opulence abounds.... movie.. tv personalities ..... auction houses.... The sitting for this event was stunning.... a golf course.. with on site town homes... lawns.." perfect "... I'm sure they are seven digits to purchase, and the monthly HOA fees are obscene. A very large lake with a fountain in the middle.. around the lake the bikes where on display.. along with various vendors....Barbar Museum....VJMC, BMW Owners group, the Tiger Lawyer guy.... So I went in thinking it was the east coast version of the Quail event, Motorcycles, Carmel on the Ocean California.
The bikes.... disappointment.... basically 98% ..daily riders. There was a Rotary Norton... Vincent Comet.... a few nice Harleys, Indian, BSA Sloper. The Japanese section had a pair of tidy K900 Kaw's..... a Xs2... nice but not correct... the scooter section had... a Vespa. Several competition machines.... There really wasn't anything there that I can't see on 3rd Thursday at the watering hole. It was a nice local bike show in a beautiful setting. We also checked out Ace Cafe' in Orlando. Difficult location being in the middle of downtown. They had a replica of Prince's Honda on the floor.... 😎

Attachments

• Concours 1.jpg
    Concours 1.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Concurs 2.jpg
    Concurs 2.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 46
I’ve been riding into history for the last 60 years! 😆 Sounds like a fun ride thought. 👍🏻

" Motorcycle Concours d'Elegance " which implies the best of subject matter.... motorcycles ..in a opulent setting. I've been to a few Concours d'Eleance events.... serious location... opulence abounds.... movie.. tv personalities ..... auction houses.... The sitting for this event was stunning.... a golf course.. with on site town homes... lawns.." perfect "... I'm sure they are seven digits to purchase, and the monthly HOA fees are obscene. A very large lake with a fountain in the middle.. around the lake the bikes where on display.. along with various vendors....Barbar Museum....VJMC, BMW Owners group, the Tiger Lawyer guy.... So I went in thinking it was the east coast version of the Quail event, Motorcycles, Carmel on the Ocean California.
The bikes.... disappointment.... basically 98% ..daily riders. There was a Rotary Norton... Vincent Comet.... a few nice Harleys, Indian, BSA Sloper. The Japanese section had a pair of tidy K900 Kaw's..... a Xs2... nice but not correct... the scooter section had... a Vespa. Several competition machines.... There really wasn't anything there that I can't see on 3rd Thursday at the watering hole. It was a nice local bike show in a beautiful setting. We also checked out Ace Cafe' in Orlando. Difficult location being in the middle of downtown. They had a replica of Prince's Honda on the floor.... 😎
The event had what appeared to be about 1/3 fewer entrants than they had in 2021, and the quality was down too. They had better get it back to where it was or it will cease to exist.

Back