Ride the PIG, venture forth.

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't resist these old pigs, and this one has all, Driver, passenger AND highway floor boards, stomp shifter, back rest, cruise etc.etc..
Bonus it's light like a feather.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Got a smaller airstream, should pull it easy.
The older yamahas weigh a hunnert pounds less then the royal stars...
Yamaha Venture Royale 355 kg 783 lbs
Royal Star Venture 394kg 868 lbs
But the PO of this one apparently tried to make up the difference with chrome add ons........

Last edited:
Well that was a wasted day. :doh:
No problem riding it home 90 miles he said on the phone.
Was running on prolly just 2 never a hint the others were going to "catch and run"
Front wheel was shaking so bad at WALKING speed I was afraid to leave the driveway (but I did)
45MPH max I could coax it to. No headlight, brakes kinda scary, starter stuck on but that was just the button.
Petcock was stuck on reserve even pliers wouldn't budge it..
Um yeah, got back in the car and left. So it goes, better him than me.:laughing:

He snapped at my e-mail offer of $500 but seriously that was a lot, for what it was.
Running home on two cylinders pretty sure to end badly part way home. (must be getting old)

The now revised ad
https://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/d/oshkosh-1989-yamaha-venture-royal/7330217668.html

1989 Yamaha Venture Royal - $500 (OSHKOSH)
image 1 of 4
00e0e_aXlZVxYV7cWz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
2845 WITZEL AVE
1989 Yamaha Venture Royal

condition: good
engine displacement (CC): 1300
fuel: gas
odometer: 35500
paint color: blue
street legal
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: cruiser

It runs, but needs fresh gas. It's been sitting for two years. The controls on the faring are iffy and the plastic around the CB radio is cracked and duct taped. Too big for me...I bought it in 2019 and it has been in the garage ever since. 35,500 original males. It has been stored with stabil and seafoam and started right up. The battery is brand new and kept on a trickle charger. It is also very dusty. The radio and head lamp worked last year, but now it doesn't seem to work...or I don't know what I'm doing. Someone came to look at it and said the front wheel is wobbling at low speed?...Again, I don't know why. I had this at 800 but I am reducing the price to 500.

Back