Right now I'm listening to...

Ah, yes, the iconic Family Dinner.....

32c3a81d7a5e5c0e035bf577182e9b38--adams-family-the-addams-family.jpg

Growing up as a kid, my family dinners happened every night at 6pm sharp, and my father heavily controlled them, until one night when my older sister pissed me off, so I said "Well, you're just a Twit !", and to that she threw the whole bowl of gravy in my face. Dinners weren't the same after that.

(Hoping to get back on track) I listen to the Classic Rock station when I work on "The SG"....96.1 KLPX...Alice Cooper show is on most of the time....

We lived in LA in the fall/winter of 1994-5 and I became addicted to K-earth101. Amazingly good playlist. I liked it so much that I taped the station for about 5 hours one day and simply played it over and over after we got back to Ottawa where I was teaching at the time.

Posted here a couple times but never get notifications, oh well. This ones been on repeat as of late....

(Hoping to get back on track) I listen to the Classic Rock station when I work on "The SG"....96.1 KLPX...Alice Cooper show is on most of the time....
Whew ! I was wondering how we were going to get back on the road. :laugh2: Thank you, AZ.
And what better place than with the Master of Rock Drama.

gettyimages-615781430-8c869bee-1563-4d1a-b567-9a7d775879f2.jpg

My all time, all time favourite record. The guitars sound like guitars sound.
1972, 15 years old, hitchhiked (remember those days) 250 miles from Sudbury to Toronto with a buddy to the Schools out tour show at Varsity stadium. My old man was pissed! Well worth his wrath.
View attachment 107129
Great story, Queenslegs !
I am SO not surprised you are an Alice fan. :laugh2: Wish I could have joined you for that concert.

As for myself, I've seen his protege, Marilyn Manson, twice. Not a big fan, just intrigued with his show.

Alice Cooper lives here in Phoenix, he's a regular at celebrity charity events and golf events. He's a good guy and local treasure. He also has a restaurant near the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball stadium called Alice Cooperstown, a combo sports/ rock and roll themed restaurant with live music. I always liked him in the 70's too. I had his Billion Dollar Babies album.
image.jpeg
By the way, the story of how he met his wife is great. In 1975 Alice was about to kick off his Welcome to my Nightmare tour ( another great album) and they were hiring two dancers for the stage show. One of the dancers was from Los Angeles, a classically trained ballet dancer who's life was all about classical music. She didn't even know who Alice Cooper was. Somewhere during the tour, there was an after show pizza party where they shared their first kiss. They have been married ever since.

To you Alice fans, check out the WTF podcast with Marc Maron. Alice was recently just on there and does a great candid interview about his life. Fantastic podcast, that episode in particular. Here’s a link...

My musical tastes are all over the board. I know we have a lot of classic rockers which I love, and Nashville pickers which I also love. I'm just curious, am I alone in the wilderness with liking performers such as. Andre Bocceli

Or groups like the Gypsy Queens?

Or Josh Groban and Sarah Brightman

I know it's not everyone's taste, haters need not respond. Just curious if anybody else enjoys this kind of music , you know with a plate of pasta and a nice bottle of red wine?

I heard them once, for a few minutes. It was in Mt. View, Ca., and I could hear them in the distance doing a sound check for an outdoor concert. Could hear them, but not see them. I was at the headquarters of SETI :)

Back