Right now I'm listening to...

^No, I think the song is great. It's the production that's sort of tasteless -- he's best with just him and his guitar.

It was 1983, and I was living in Boston when my friend, David called to say that he had snagged a couple tickets to the Boston Harbor Night Boat Cruise, which handled about 75 people, and had a full bar. :)

k-harbor-happy-hour-cruise-in-new-york-city-179157.jpg

David was well-connected to the city music scene, and had landed us some cool tickets recently. It didn’t initially spark my interest, but he said that a local band named ‘Til Tuesday was playing onboard, on the rear open-air deck. They had just won the WBCN Rock ‘N Roll Rumble Award, and seemed to perhaps have a future.

It was a balmy evening, and I recall that the beer selection was great. The band came on, and there was no stage on deck; right in front of me was Aimee, with all that glowing platinum hair, and the off-kilter canine teeth, an anomaly which I recognized, as I have the condition, too.

From 1986, a few years later:

Aimee Mann was to become, as you may know, a part of a very small group of singer/songwriter/bass players who would find some notoriety.

41FCNEM8X6L.jpg

Heard this one on the radio today. Brought back memories of traveling on the bus to my H.S. away baseball games, blasting this cassette, playing poker with the teammates trying to up your dinner money so you could eat like a King after the game.

UM

It was, back then, certainly very much about the music, but also about the hair.

Heard this one on the radio today. Brought back memories of traveling on the bus to my H.S. away baseball games, blasting this cassette, playing poker with the teammates trying to up your dinner money so you could eat like a King after the game.

UM

Dang now that you posted that it brings back memories of Mark and Brian for you California people...........they were on a local station up here in the NW for years and I remember Billy Idol one year on one of there Christmas shows.............

Annie Lennox is such an interesting person.
When interviewed, she is painfully shy, kinda difficult to watch.
But on stage, she epitomizes vivaciousness.
My favorite performance, at the Tribute To Freddie Mercury, with David Bowie.

Dang now that you posted that it brings back memories of Mark and Brian for you California people...........they were on a local station up here in the NW for years and I remember Billy Idol one year on one of there Christmas shows.............

Mark & Brian, I miss that show. Here's one of my favorite sketches from their show.

UM

Mark & Brian, I miss that show. Here's one of my favorite sketches from their show.

UM

:lmao: that's one of my favorites................I have went back and listened to them many times and wow how would half of it go over in todays society ;) I swear some people just need to lighten up.................

how about a little: Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes
"Love Letter" on youtube

song featured in cool old Heineken Beer commercial "The Switch"
also on youtube ( hope it piques your interest while working on your bike)

Back