Right now I'm listening to...

Always been a big CS fan from way back when he was in the Steel Drivers. This is a very Ronnie VanZant-esque song especially when the vocals and drums come in. Seems a pretty powerful message for a southern band to make a video for a song called Arkansas all while socially distant and with everyone not singing wearing a mask… Keep on rocking Chris!

A very young & skinny Steve Earle at Towns Vanzant’s house filmed for the documentary Heartworn Highways, if you like good music WATCH IT!

I restored this Victrola in the 1970s with the help of a friend. It has taken a beating being moved about over the last several years. Now rehabbed and back in service.
Every time I see one of those RCA Victor players I recall the one we had when a kid. Recall that ours had all brass parts, or brass plated. Toe arm and such also was about twice as wide with area for record storage off to one side. It worked just fine. Dad picked it up for free when cleaning out the attic of a wealthy family in town!

Tried selling it to a few antique stores in the area in late 1960's and could not even get an offer to look at it. Finally mom found someone she knew who took it off our hands!

Think it was like this one or at least very close:
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m76...O4TS9b3wHJ0sRvq2a1xmnrL8X8WkQOCRoC-skQAvD_BwE

VV-X%20gqghh1.jpg

Mine looks like this one. It works perfectly. It's been in my family since 1960 something or about 50 years. It might be worth $150 or more. I don't care. I like it. Same goes for my bikes.

I often wish we had the room to have kept the one we gave away, well actually we had to deliver and help carry it up a flight of stairs!

Well actually did save one thing that came with that player:
edison.JPG

That disk is 10 inch diameter and right close to 1/4 inch thick!

Attachments

• edison.JPG
    edison.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Remember when you were 13 years old and you were such a talented guitar player that you were touring with your own show, and you played with Joe Bonamassa in London, and played with blues legend Buddy Guy and you were in the movie School of Rock, Gibson guitars sponsored you and made custom guitars just for you? Yeah none of that happened to me either, but it sure did for this kid. From England, Toby Lee :cool:

Last edited:
Remember when you were 13 years old and you were such a talented guitar player that you were touring with your own show, and you played with Joe Bonamassa in London, and played with blues legend Buddy Guy and you were in the movie School of Rock, Gibson guitars sponsored you and made custom guitars just for you? Yeah none of that happened to me either, but it sure did for this kid. From England, Toby Lee :cool:

Heck I couldn't carry a tune in a bushel basket without tripping and spilling the notes!

From Toronto Canada, the Downchild Blues Band. The Blues Brothers were heavily influenced by this band and recorded several of their songs and even after Belushis death , Dan Akroyd would occasionally perform onstage with them.

I got everything I need……almost

From Toronto Canada, the Downchild Blues Band. The Blues Brothers were heavily influenced by this band and recorded several of their songs and even after Belushis death , Dan Akroyd would occasionally perform onstage with them.

I got everything I need……almost

Love it!

More roots material which excited Belushi and Ackroyd:

Back