Right now I'm listening to...

Acoustic Sunday…….

From the movie, The Last of the Mohicans, Taylor Davis performs The Gael (also called ) The Promentory

The Irish group, Gaelic Storm plays traditional Irish instruments, they were in the movie The Titanic , the scene where there is a party in the lower parts of the ship and the common folk are dancing.
This song Tornado Alley builds and really gains momentum about two minutes in.

South Dakota Wunderkid, Johnny Lang. Learned to play guitar when he was 12, at 13 he was headlining his own band playing in bars, at 14 he was touring with his band. A rep from A+M records came to see one of his shows and signed him. At 15 he released his first album Lie to Me, it went multi platinum. He’s played with BB King, Buddy Guy, The Rolling Stones and many others, he’s played at the White House and won Grammys. But all this early success cost him, at an age when most of us were just finishing high school, he was a seasoned professional with a drug and alcohol problem. After a couple of overdoses he found religion. Now he’s 40 and married with five kids.
He still tours and plays the blues, but as of right now all of his appearances are canceled because he has wrecked his voice. Here he is at his early brilliant prime, age fifteen singing Lie to Me.

C795F000-42A8-40AF-9E33-F5042892C52F.jpeg

South Dakota Wunderkid, Johnny Lang. Learned to play guitar when he was 12, at 13 he was headlining his own band playing in bars, at 14 he was touring with his band. A rep from A+M records came to see one of his shows and signed him. At 15 he released his first album Lie to Me, it went multi platinum. He’s played with BB King, Buddy Guy, The Rolling Stones and many others, he’s played at the White House and won Grammys. But all this early success cost him, at an age when most of us were just finishing high school, he was a seasoned professional with a drug and alcohol problem. After a couple of overdoses he found religion. Now he’s 40 and married with five kids.
He still tours and plays the blues, but as of right now all of his appearances are canceled because he has wrecked his voice. Here he is at his early brilliant prime, age fifteen singing Lie to Me.

View attachment 198137
One of my all-time favorite concerts was when Jonny Lang came to Central New York in 2015 to the superb Peppermill Island venue in Baldwinsville, just outside Syracuse. He was in fine form that day and thrilled the crowd.

17582632-large.jpg

Equally great I think was his performance with Mick Fleetwood and Friends on PBS recently, honoring the work of Peter Green (early Fleetwood Mac, when they were a blues band).

https://jonnylang.com/mick-fleetwood-friends-concert-film/

One of my all-time favorite concerts was when Jonny Lang came to Central New York in 2015 to the superb Peppermill Island venue in Baldwinsville, just outside Syracuse. He was in fine form that day and thrilled the crowd.

17582632-large.jpg

Equally great I think was his performance with Mick Fleetwood and Friends on PBS recently, honoring the work of Peter Green (early Fleetwood Mac, when they were a blues band).

https://jonnylang.com/mick-fleetwood-friends-concert-film/

Ahhh….I’ll check that out, thanks! :)

Throw your leg over your favorite ride, pipe this through your helmet comm and try to stay out of the throttle!

Australia meets Geordie UK! A match made in Rocker Hell... Loverly...!

Back