Right now I'm listening to...

Nothing wrong with a wide musical taste; everything is worth a listen at least once!
I tried the Viking Christmas music. I was hoping it would be traditional Christmas music in "Viking" style. Would be a big seller, if there's such a thing as sales anymore...

Little Feat

Not always obvious / clear who does the slide playing but it is slow sometimes and very Beautiful
Not on this track so much..
World class...One of the best if not the best
Thats Paul Barrere, he was one of the two guitar players for Little Feat in 74 (when Feats don't fail me was recorded) and played most of their slide all the way up to his death in 2019. The live album Waiting for Columbus was always my favorite LF album. The long version of Dixie Chicken with the extended piano solo is superb. His string attack and phrasing is among the best for sure, he was an outstanding picker.

Little Feat

Not always obvious / clear who does the slide playing but it is slow sometimes and very Beautiful
Not on this track so much..
World class...One of the best if not the best
Paul is the Guitar player with bushy hair (bald on top) and long beard masterfully abusing the strat.

Paul is the Guitar player with bushy hair (bald on top) and long beard masterfully abusing the strat.

Yes Sir.
Outstanding But Actually it is Lowell George that does the slide work here that I find extraordinary
( later years someone else )
Keeping it Simple and Slow fex at 10:30 I don't know of anyone else that can do that
Or rather that does it.
Sometimes one step only on the fret board and then to the next string
But I like that phrasing hoooooo..... ooo... lding the note
Others tend to make it to Complicated like Allman Bros at the end
Good Players .. Showing off ..Dropped the ball.

That long socket LG uses for slide was difficult to find here. A couple of years ago.
With smooth surface
So when i found it i ended up buying 3 sets sockets just to get 3 x of the one that was the right size.
Cheap Taiwan Tools .probably worthless for mechanical work but usable for Slide.
Did not cost more per set than one slide at the Music shop.
Feels awkward in the start being Long and Heavy.
Can be a thought to score those if they are on the way out in the US also.
If one would go for that style playing

Yes Sir.
Outstanding But Actually it is Lowell George that does the slide work here that I find extraordinary
Keeping it Simple and Slow fex at 10:30 I don't know of anyone else that can do that
Or rather that does it.

That long socket LG uses for slide was difficult to find here. A couple of years ago.
With smooth surface
So when i found it i ended up buying 3 sets sockets just to get 3 x of the one that was the right size.
Cheap Taiwan Tools .probably worthless for mechanical work but usable for Slide.
Thats just one great tune theres another one out there with Emmulou Harris and Bonnie Raitt singing on it
Was in a small town bar once and they had it on the box so I played it and damned if I couldn't find a dolly to dance with me
Young and dumb and full of ....

Yes Sir.
Or rather that does it.

With smooth surface
I use an old coricidin bottle, ala Duane Allman. Not that I sound anything like D.A.:lmao:, just wishfull thinking. If I use the same tools as the masters I might one day be as good as them. But I think my chance to by any good has come and gone long ago.

I use an old coricidin bottle, ala Duane Allman. Not that I sound anything like D.A.:lmao:, just wishfull thinking. If I use the same tools as the masters I might one day be as good as them. But I think my chance to by any good has come and gone long ago.
I understand Bonnie Raitt learn slide with a Coricidin bottle. Leo Kottke may be my favorite.

Yes Sir
Duane Allman is Something entirely different
He was in a class of his own
There is no one that can do what he did ..

Famous and still underrated

Not all today can even tune the Guitar live on stage
-->

On the subject famous and still underrated -->

I own instruments and find it fun to see what they do which is simpler to watch with youtube.
But the tin metal shop some hearing loss. and using hand tools. Stiff fingers Not even close --

I understand Bonnie Raitt learn slide with a Coricidin bottle. Leo Kottke may be my favorite.
Yeah, I think pill bottles were pretty common slides in late 60's early 70's. Bonnie could play a plastic Hanna Montana guitar with a foam pool noodle and still sound amazing:laugh2:. Leo was for sure a great guitar player, he really blended blues, folk, and western, with that 12string better than anyone else. Outside of the Byrds/Roger McGuinn the 12 string doesn't get the love it deserves. I always loved this video of Jimi playing Hear My Train Ah' Comin on a 12atring, it really gives him more human air. He's nervous about playing with the camera right up in his face, like any human would be. Not the infallible guitar god who can't miss a note even if he tries we've made him to be.

Yes Sir
Duane Allman is Something entirely different
He was in a class of his own
There is no one that can do what he did ..

Famous and still underrated

Not all today can even tune the Guitar live on stage
-->

On the subject famous and still underrated -->

I own instruments and find it fun to see what they do which is simpler to watch with youtube.
But the tin metal shop some hearing loss. and using hand tools. Stiff fingers Not even close --
@Jan_P you should watch the documentary Muscle Shoals, it tells the story of Duane's early years with the Swampers and the story of the Wilson Pickett/Hey Jude solo (Duane). That was essentially the first time anyone had ever heard anything like that, and it launched Duane's too short career.

Duane's solo @2:53

Back