Right now I'm listening to...

Marty and the guys are great! Have you ever heard Paul Martin (Bass player) sing a solo? Great voice! I find it hard to believe that these guys, far more talented than what tries to pass for country these days, get zero radio play. Of course we know that "payola" doesn't exist.
I have, I'm a big fan of Marty's and I've watched his show (mostly online now) pretty extensively. He tends to surround himself with the some of the most talented musicians in Americana, honky tonk, and bluegrass. He does a lot of stuff with Chris Scruggs (grandson of Earl Scruggs) who is an amazing multi instrumentalist and vocalist as well my favorite hometown boy Chuck Mead of BR459 fame who grew up just a few miles from where I live.

Here's Chris & Chuck playing an old Johnny Horton song, Cherokee Boogie with the Superlatives.

DIANE BIRCH At Live at Daryls.
I love this singer; live session with Daryl Hall at his home studio.

I have the same problem here, whether it is Fade Into You, or the present song below by Mazzy Star.
Nice one TT, she's great and a new performer to me. I will look up more of her work.
It's a shame that only a few of us follow this tread. Many postings are classic or well known; but I appreciate the 'new to me finds' from other members.
There is much to like on this thread and a lot more music to find.
Ads.

Back