Right now I'm listening to...

We're heading out to Clarksdale for some overindulgence of blues music. We're going to have to put up with some thunderstorms.

https://www.jukejointfestival.com/

1681575664623.png
1681575731514.png

Yes Sir Please report back about any noteworthy upcoming ( or older ) acts .that one should know about is happening.

Should perhaps stay away from the locally produced Whiskey Not the best reputation
Robert Johnson style

I won't be missing this event anymore. Some of who we saw. The following vids plucked from YouTube for reference.
Mississippi Marshall Deluxe
R.L. Boyce
Lightnin' Malcolm
Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

AND many, many more I don't want to take the time to list. Just Wow!

1681676100256.png
This Memphis Bourbon is very good. Try it if you can find it.

Generally regarded as one of Sabbath's worst albums, I nevertheless must admit that it, along with No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith by Motorhead, is responsible for most of my tinnitus, 30 years in heavy industry notwithstanding. The lyrics are mostly juvenile, the album art is atrocious, the lineup disintegrated after one world tour, yet for a spotty 15 year old kid in Newfoundland with his face buried in his bedroom carpet, with his detachable ghettoblaster speakers turned into his ears as ill-advised 20watt headphones, it was magic. Gillan and Sabbath. It couldn't last. And it didn't. Some suggest it was the inspiration for "This Is Spinal Tap." Whenever I get the urge to listen. the neighbours listen as well.

Generally regarded as one of Sabbath's worst albums, I nevertheless must admit that it, along with No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith by Motorhead, is responsible for most of my tinnitus, 30 years in heavy industry notwithstanding. The lyrics are mostly juvenile, the album art is atrocious, the lineup disintegrated after one world tour, yet for a spotty 15 year old kid in Newfoundland with his face buried in his bedroom carpet, with his detachable ghettoblaster speakers turned into his ears as ill-advised 20watt headphones, it was magic. Gillan and Sabbath. It couldn't last. And it didn't. Some suggest it was the inspiration for "This Is Spinal Tap." Whenever I get the urge to listen. the neighbours listen as well.
That has spured me on to get the Sabbath Vinyl out tonight!

Probably the last band I "got into" before the terminal onset of adulthood. It was the last hurrah of youth.

The year I lost my job, my apartment, my dad...working four tens in a welding shop grinding welds and sanding spatter on garbage cans and roll-offs. Falling asleep at 2AM listening to Art Bell, Coast To Coast AM, coming in from KOMO in Seattle, or from Coeur D'Alene. Bittersweet symphony indeed,

The official end of my interest in popular music,

Last edited:
THE CHRISTIANS
Off to see them perform tonight at a local venue.
A blast from the 80's pop culture

Yeah, it's a long one. We used to play it while skinning muskrats in me Buds' basement, not too far from the little house I used to live in, South Jersey.
T'wards the end, around 18:00 in, there's a verbal confrontation between a fan and some type of authority. Frank responds to the commotion with a profound statement which smacks everyone with a bit of introspection, at least it made us think the first time we heard it. Supposedly Hendrix and Beck were in the audience.

On The Turntable Tonight.

STEELY DAN - Pretzel Logic
AJA is often regarded as their best, but for me Pretzel Logic stands out. Donald Fagan & Walter Becker shrug off the tiresome touring and commit to studio work.
Sacking the SD band musicians and founder Deny Dias, who recruited Fagan & Becker! Yet most returned to work as session players. Drummers included Steve Gadd (genius); and Jim Gordon, the main stick shaker here. Both are wonderful at their craft. Go give it a listen.

SARA BAREILLES - Little Voice
An album showcasing a woman that can craft a wonderful song.
Also has a voice to deliver the intensity of what she sings about.
A good mix of Ballard and pop to enjoy.

ON THE TURNTABLE TONIGHT

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 19.42.09.png

STEVE MILLAR - Fly Like An Eagle
A great album of its time and still a really good listen.
Sometimes overlooked, but a wonderful guitarist.

Back