Right now I'm listening to...

So what's happenin' in your psyche?

Nice video, I just finished listening to some Zeppelin, Houses of the Holy, and a Collective Soul album. Spent a long day hoeing out the garage finished it up with a nice meal my wife cooked. Then a Heddy Topper beer in the Outdoor Shower- Pure heaven for me.. thankyou:thumbsup:

I like nearly all music. In classical it's, Handel, Mozart and Vivaldi, in early Rock and Roll it' Chuck Barry, early Elvis and Buddy Holly. In folk there's only one, Bob Dylan. In bluegrass it's Flatt and Scruggs. In country there's no one close to Keith Whitley. Today, however I'm listening to the Americana genre and very early Bill Monroe.

When I was very young (before TV) radio was how you got news, weather and entertainment. The Grand Old Opry, Renfro Vally Hoedown and others were what we listened to. Now, because of technology like Pandora, Spotify, Netflix and YouTube I can reconnected with obscure and sometimes amazing music of the past. Blue Moon of Kentucky always brings tears to my eyes as it was my grandmothers favorite.
There are many descriptions of the Blue Ridge Parkway and none are adequate. We rode the parkway twice a year from 1985 through 2003 and several times since. Truly astounding.

Last edited:
Thorogood used to play my local watering hole around 1974. They'd raise the price of beer a dime and we'd hop on the bikes and change bars, that's about all I remember. Ah, the good old days.

Kingwj...would that be the Stone Balloon....? East end cafe? Im guessin Im older than you but I remember them. Saw Warren Zevon at the Balloon....the place at the tracks , the name escapes me.....damn Im old...lotsa good music in Newark.....Kev.

I like nearly all music. In classical it's, Handel, Mozart and Vivaldi, in early Rock and Roll it' Chuck Barry, early Elvis and Buddy Holly. In folk there's only one, Bob Dylan. In bluegrass it's Flatt and Scruggs. In country there's no one close to Keith Whitley. Today, however I'm listening to the Americana genre and very early Bill Monroe.

Hittin me in the heart....all I heard til I was 14 or so was "hillbilly" music...still love it.
Bluegrass, true country and early rock and roll . Kev.

The rain. It's so rare here the natives are running around in the street wondering what's happening.

It's hard to picture somebody as under appreciated when everybody in the country has heard their name.

Deer Park is the bar by the tracks, no my local bar was the Buggy Tavern on Marsh Rd in Wilmington. Balloon is gone, torn down and turned into condos but the Deer Park lives on in immortality.

^The other night George Noory played Orbison's In Dreams as bumper music during a ghost show. I was half asleep and it really creeped me out, as it sounded like ghosts floating through the air or something. Then someone said it was used in Blue Velvet. Creepy song.

Back