Right now I'm listening to...

Bakersfield via Appalachian Kentucky... Tyler Childers puttin it down with two tele slingers both channeling their inner Don Rich. I'm really liking those pedal steel licks on the six string.

Colonel Sanders decreed he's no Dwight Yoakam though.
1653085593363.png

My first DJ moment on this thread, and don't know what has gone before, so forgive any repeats that might arise, but want to chime in. Here is an oldie played by oldies that once were young like most of us. They do have a Live Studio cut from 1974, but this live stage performance is worth the price of bait. If hooked check out the other. The one camera pan over the crowd is an eye-popper.

'TT'

Bakersfield via Appalachian Kentucky... Tyler Childers puttin it down with two tele slingers both channeling their inner Don Rich. I'm really liking those pedal steel licks on the six string.

Don Rich......my favorite harmony singer ever, besides being an excellent guitarist and fiddler.

Sure hope no one does their blow before listening to this; Real Butter!

'TT'
Wow Just wow........Never heard of her before and had a listen to this one. What a pianist...............grew up on a piano, not me my mum and if i was lucky i would catch her playing the piano. She would use it as her relaxation for half an hour between the days chores and us children getting home from school.

Can see her fingers tickling the ivories on this one

You are more than welcome @650Skull. I came across her quite a few years ago and impressed was an understatement. I can sit here at my own qwerty keyboard and listen to each note she plays, and hum along right on time with proper strikes, Amazing what a bit of background can do. I hope you appreciated the Yamaha she played with The Entertainer. Almost forgot they made them, and I must simply call myself a Kiwi.
'TT'

This came from the Rainbow Bridge Album. I know there is a constant debate on the greatest guitarist, with many choices, Clapton, Knopfler, Van Halen, just to name a few. I know tastes are personal and opinions are subjective, even mine.
'TT'

Marty Stuart and Cousin Kenny (Kenny Vaughn) giving a master class chicken picken. The guitar harmony in this song is amazing. I saw em do it live and its even more impressive sitting ear level with those cranked Princeton Reverbs. The guitar Marty's playing is the original Parson/White B bender originally owned, built, and played by country rock legend Clarence White of the Byrds.

Marty Stuart and Cousin Kenny (Kenny Vaughn) giving a master class chicken picken. The guitar harmony in this song is amazing. I saw em do it live and its even more impressive sitting ear level with those cranked Princeton Reverbs. The guitar Marty's playing is the original Parson/White B bender originally owned, built, and played by country rock legend Clarence White of the Byrds.

Marty and the guys are great! Have you ever heard Paul Martin (Bass player) sing a solo? Great voice! I find it hard to believe that these guys, far more talented than what tries to pass for country these days, get zero radio play. Of course we know that "payola" doesn't exist.

Back