Right now I'm listening to...

This is a very high quality live version of the blues classic, Baby please don’t go. Performed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
A little trivia: this song was first recorded by the group called Them with a very young Van Morrison doing his first lead vocal gig.

How many old blues songs did Led Zeppelin attempt to steal? I guess they didn't expect to gain such popularity. When I was a kid, I certainly didn't know better.
You are correct Marty.
They admit as much in many interviews; songs were adapted from many old blues numbers.
I'm a big fan myself. Gonna have Trampled Underfoot playing at my burial one day!

Favourite track is Kashmir.... Pure Zep.

Story is that Robert presented the original to Allison to try. She wasn't sure what to do with it, he said to sing it like she does. Here Robert is just a back up vocalist, a little percussion with maracas.
My oldest Dottir sprung for a couple of tickets for us to see them in L'ville.....looking forward.
Saw Robert and the boys back in the early '70's. This should be a treat with Allison.

Bought some half speed remastered heavyweight vinyl:
CHERRY GHOST: Thirst fro romance & Beneath this burning shoreline (Excellent)
JETHRO TULL Stand Up (Surprisingly good second album)

"We Used to Know" came out before "Hotel California."
I believe Ian said that the two bands had shared a venue where Tull performed this, and then it was a bit later that Eagles came out with their version.

"We Used to Know" came out before "Hotel California."
I believe Ian said that the two bands had shared a venue where Tull performed this, and then it was a bit later that Eagles came out with their version.
Nice little extra @nj1639

Back