RobinC

Robin "liked" many of my entries. I will miss his contributions to the forum. I will miss him. My deep condolences to his family.
Same here. I don't know if I ever "liked" a post of his, but he himself was one of my favorites. And for his son to get on here with the news the same day, we must have meant a lot to him. Condolences to everyone.

The quality of a man is often reflected in the manner in which he expresses himself, the words he writes, the commentary he appreciates in others. Robin appreciated my commentary far more than it deserved and his support was an encouragement for my interaction with this group. Robin was generous with his approbation, considered in his suggestion and remarkable in his tolerance. It speaks volumes for a man, whom I knew only through the pages of this Forum, that I can feel so genuinely saddened at his passing. Vale Robin.

Dear All: Well, its been just over a month since Robin left us and I felt that now that the initial commotion had subsided a bit, it was time to send along a gift to his family to express our condolences.
Robin's family (wife - Dixie, daughter - Tara and sons Ryan and Jordan) wanted all of Robin's motorcycling friends to know how much he valued his time with us. They are grateful for how happy he was when he was chatting on the forum or working on his bikes.
I have sent them an "Edible Arrangement" which will arrive tomorrow (photo below). Terry Wolfe of WolfeWorx motorcycle machine shop in London and I have collaborated on this and in doing so, we sent the sympathy of everyone on the Forum as well.
t_l_Berry_Chocolate_Bouquet_DP_wht_E146_w.jpg

Shawn and Travis are kindly sending some XS650.com calendars along to Robin's family so that they can see his bike in the coveted February slot.
Kind regards to you all and many thanks to all of those who wrote messages following Robin's death.
Pete

Hi All:
I was talking to Robin’s son this evening about his ‘77D. The bike is really nice and runs like a top - BUT - it is missing the side stand,the spring AND the mounting tab. He is going to take up riding and as a new rider, I think that a side stand will help him in city situations.

Does anyone have a Standard model stand and mounting tab assembly they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price? If I can assemble those parts, I think I can get it welded on the underside of the frame tube.

Please PM me if you do.

Thanks,

Pete

Bad news; Some body had already bought the side stand tang off the frame chunk I had.
Good news; the stand from 77 to 81 stds n spcls are all the same. 82-83 will prolly work too, they just have the added parts for the safety switch.
81 spII DSCN3338.JPG
79 stdDSCN3340.JPG DSCN3341.JPG

Last edited:
Gary is then tang just welded to the frame? The 79 special I have is getting chopped, all I really need is the neck and maybe the front down tubes and back tube. The rest will be fabricated ,If not all of the frame. I'm willing to cut the tab off and send it all. Pete PM your shipping info and i'll get it off to you early next week.

Gary is then tang just welded to the frame? The 79 special I have is getting chopped, all I really need is the neck and maybe the front down tubes and back tube. The rest will be fabricated ,If not all of the frame. I'm willing to cut the tab off and send it all. Pete PM your shipping info and i'll get it off to you early next week.
:thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Yes easily removed by slicing the welds with the "chopper builder's tool":cool:

Back