RobinC

Pete, if Robin's son is looking to have the shiny bits spruced up on the bike I am more than happy to help out. I am not sure if I can live up to Robin's quality of work but more than happy to give it a go. Would just need to get a hold of the parts somehow.

Was looking for a winter project to keep me busy and this would fit right in. Keep it in mind if you think it would help to bring a little "Robin" into the build. Afterall, it was his encouragement and expertise than helped me with my build. I would be more than honoured to pay it back.

Perhaps I could use these pieces to write up the polishing notes that I have been promising you (I didn't forget....:confused:)

That’s extremely kind of you Joe - but I think that Robin’s ‘77D is really all shined up already. His other two bikes need some more work (particularly the TX650) but I think his family wants to leave them alone till the spring comes and they feel a bit more distance. I will ask though.

DAVID: yes, a lot of people really treasured their relationship with Robin and that sure came out in the many many messages of concern and condolences that we passed along to his family.

Pete

Well, one more chapter in the story of our Miss February 2019 - the sidestand kindly provided by CBJamie has arrived and WOW - it is a beaut!
40F9A9DE-0EA6-4241-BD90-BCB8BC20B4C3.jpeg

5B355B6E-2DB2-4CD5-BEED-90C8CB0BDC3C.jpeg

Jamie has provided a powdercoated sidestand plus a nicely cleaned up pivot bracket and stud plus a nice clean powdercoated spring to complete Robin’s 1977 XS650D for his son. I’ll be working with our favourite bike mechanic in London, ON (Wolfeworx) to get it mounted securely. This sidestand will make it much easier for Jordan to learn to ride as well as his father.

Thank you so much Jamie and everyone else for your kindness.

Pete

Dear all:

I was down in my dungeon grinding away on a consulting report and the thought popped into my little brain that I hadn’t made contact with Robin’s family in a while. Sooo...I dialled his home number and had a very nice chat with his dear wife Dixie.

The family is doing OK but still hurting as we can all imagine - and she asked me to be sure to pass along to all of his XS650.com friends, their sincere thanks for all the kind words and thoughts since our friend Robin died suddenly in November/18.

Pete

Last edited:
Back