Rocker Cover Anodized - Anodised

Paul Sutton

I Collect Fingers
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My 81 SH has a rocker cover which is black on the inside and outside - The outside is badly faded on one side. I have tested with paint stripper and the black does not come off. Were these anodized? Will I be able to spray directly onto this cover with a high temperature silver or black paint, or is special surface preparation required.

Thank you for any thoughts.

My guess is someone let it sit in a chemical bath that blackened the aluminum. Hot Pinesol will do that. :mad:

81 had a factory black Rocker-cover and barrels, the head and cases were left natural...........did they paint the inside of the rocker as well..........!!!???..........Did the PO have the bike facing the weather/sun on the same side all the time when parked, under a carport for instance........the factory black does fade..........gggGary could be onto something........Blast and paint.

Heritage specials were almost all black. With "650" on the cam ends.

650Skull, the bike is as you describe. The weathering on the bike clearly shows which side was exposed for all those years in storage. The inside of the rocker cover is fantastic, pitty it cannot be turned inside-out! It is as it the cover was painted first them machined.

Back