Sailing the PNW

Amazing - asking about the voyage of the Pelagic is on my to-do list for today - and here it is! They sure look like a happy and cooperative group - having fun as a strong family crew on their resurrected boat. Nice!

Cleaning all that stuff off her bottom - quite the task, but it will sure make a huge difference in performance.

....and clearly there’s a Jim Dent aboard as evidenced by the careful use of RTV to ensure a good seal on an o-ring on the fuel water separator (see around 4:15 on the video). .

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll have to check out the videos!
Brings back find childhood memories.

My father loved to sail. His first boat was a 16' (I think) Hobby Cat Catamaran. Many many sunny days spent sailing and fishing out on Riffe Lake and Mayfield Lake in Washington. After that boat he upgraded to a 24' (not sure of the brand) sailboat, you know, the kind with the cabin and what not down below. We spent many a weekends sailing around the Pudget Sound. Mostly around the Tacoma/Vashon Island area I believe. Good times!!

I'm glad I missed this thread till now. I grew up running around Clear Lake on Galveston Bay. My grandfather and his 4 brothers were all tug captains. Tugs they built in the the 40's and 50's are still towing on the Mississippi. I spent years rebuilding and sailing a 1967 Pearson. Finally ridded myself of that nonsense 20 years ago by moving inland. Have been resisting the urge to get a trailer boat as I have plenty of yard art already.

I'm glad I missed this thread till now. I grew up running around Clear Lake on Galveston Bay. My grandfather and his 4 brothers were all tug captains. Tugs they built in the the 40's and 50's are still towing on the Mississippi. I spent years rebuilding and sailing a 1967 Pearson. Finally ridded myself of that nonsense 20 years ago by moving inland. Have been resisting the urge to get a trailer boat as I have plenty of yard art already.

Hi TJ,
I was born & raised in Bristol England where the River Avon goes from fresh to salt each high tide and back 'ome I always had some kinda small boat
There's nowhere in England that's more than 80 miles from the sea and living in the prairies where it's over 1,000 miles from the nearest ocean
has always felt kinda wrong, even after 50 years.

Back