Scam going around forums

Anybody got a spare bullet? um I'm out.
What flavor?
20221107_133927 (2).jpg
:laugh2::lmao:

Got scammed! Forum XS650 Member Chrisfuc responded to my post wanting a luggage rack saying he knew a guy who had one & sent me this person's (Harry Becker) e-mail address to contact, as he had one. Haven't a clue if Harry Becker or Brian Lauerman are part of the forum or not.

I contacted Harry at harrybecker175@gmail.com & we agreed upon a price ($130.00 for this luggage rack) & I forward a payment through paypal friends & family, as instructed, to "brian.lauerman" 's paypal account. Harry let me know he received payment and that he would e-mail me with tracking # when he shipped the luggage rack. Not a word since, have I heard. Have attempted to contact Harry Becker several times and Chrisfuc (through forum XS650 Members) and Brian Lauerman. No response.
Apparently these 3 contacts were involved in this $130.00 scam.

Well that sucks, several warning signs there...
We are on the alert and have canceled more than a couple attempted scammers but some still slip by.
Chrisfuc has been banned. (in hindsite a sketchy name).

Things to watch for?
low post count.
crappy generic posts, by clicking on a member's name you can see his posts and what he's saying. Chrisfuc had only 5, all fluff, posts
third party sale. Big red flag.
gmail addresses, are easy to get, near impossible to track down the owner.
paypal friends and family to someone with ZERO cred
a paypal name that doesn't match the guys name....
We (admins) cannot see PM's or even that a member is using them so we can't watch for abuse of the PM system unless it's reported by receiving members.
Thanks for letting us know!

Got scammed! Forum XS650 Member Chrisfuc responded to my post wanting a luggage rack saying he knew a guy who had one & sent me this person's (Harry Becker) e-mail address to contact, as he had one. Haven't a clue if Harry Becker or Brian Lauerman are part of the forum or not.

I contacted Harry at harrybecker175@gmail.com & we agreed upon a price ($130.00 for this luggage rack) & I forward a payment through paypal friends & family, as instructed, to "brian.lauerman" 's paypal account. Harry let me know he received payment and that he would e-mail me with tracking # when he shipped the luggage rack. Not a word since, have I heard. Have attempted to contact Harry Becker several times and Chrisfuc (through forum XS650 Members) and Brian Lauerman. No response.
Apparently these 3 contacts were involved in this $130.00 scam.

It sucks being scammed.

Those three guys are one guy................I have several Different email addresses under different names. My own for friends and business. One for face book and another for twitter.

Read the article. It is based around the lack of information regarding recurring subscriptions and how hard it is to cancel subscriptions.

If you are happy with the service you receive and a regular customer who has saved money, great.

The complaint outlined.....

On social media, Khan said that "Amazon's counsel stonewalled the FTC's investigation through misdirection and delay. The extent of Amazon's obstruction became clear after an insider leaked documents to Business Insider."

"This lawsuit builds on our ongoing work to protect Americans from firms who trick people into subscriptions and then trap them by making it hard to cancel," said Khan. "Our proposed 'click to cancel' rule would require that firms make it as easy to cancel a subscription as it is to sign up for one."

Back