should i buy this xs650

jimmy5090

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i am new here and just wanted some opinions on this bike forsale. i have been looking for a xs650 to build into a bober for months and either cant find anything around oklahoma with a reasonable price or a big pile of crap. this one looks to be a piece for $300 but i a willing to do some work. depending on you guys suggestions i was thinking of offering $150 let me know what you guys think of the pics
010-1.jpg
011-1.jpg

Now this is just my opinion. I would NOT pay $300.00 for this. Just from what I can see it doesnt appear to have many salvageable parts. You would be paying for a frame (assuming it has a title) and whats usable from the engine.

Looks like an xs2, needing a lot of work, luckily later back wheel will slot in, if it was here for 300 USD you wouldn't be wondering whether to pay that much.

I wouldn't try to rebuild this one. If it has a title offer him $100. Then find a complete up and running xs650 without a title for $300 on craigslist or e-bay. They are out there. Now for $400 investment you got something to work with...............BG

I can't imagine why only ONE carb would be off! That can't be a good sign, I guess if it has a title, the engine is free and a had compression you could start with this but as others said you will still need a complete bike along with it. $300 is a rather stiff for that in the US. I would rather drive a thousand mile round trip than have to work on that. Data point I got two bikes (no titles) a little better and more complete than that for $50.00
Searching for good news...... the way it's sitting water isn't running into the RH intake valve. But sand dust and dirt sure has a good shot at it.

gggGary- The XS2 carbs are not linked

For me to buy the bike, the bike would have to have the title and beware the the XS2 engine is different from the later engines that there are more of.

To me, the state that this bike is in, is what bobers, rat bikes, etc should be built from not mint models.

I would offer him 150.00 for it, just for parts. All of the timing parts are the same, mikes wants 70.00 just for the ATU....the berrals, casings etc

but opinions are like as$%oles, everyone has one...

Lawrence
Canada

gggGary- The XS2 carbs are not linked
but opinions are like as$%oles, everyone has one...

...and they stink!

I'd offer $50 and tell the seller he can keep the rust. :laugh:

Seriously, BigGeorge probably has the best idea. Look in that direction.

I'm with the rest of you. That has no value to me unless there is a title, and then it's not worth $300.

The most I have paid for a XS650 is $280. It had no title but was a runner and the motor from it is in the Troublemaker running strong. I have purchased 6 over the past 3 -4 years, all were more complete, four had titles.

ug, i paid less than that for a complete bike in much better shape.... with title.... i would offer 50$ at most.... even then. might be worth more as scrap....

Thanks for all your answers. This site is awesome. Hopefully I can find in the next month or I might go crazy. Thanks Again Let me know if anyone has a xs around Oklahoma for around $500

It is your duty to end the misery of this m/c. Buy it, but low ball the owner. You can do something with it better than what is going on now.
Which city in OK?
The title is irrealivent because you can get another.
Is is interesting to post pics and see how other folks see it.

IF you pick it up, and IF it has the float bowl drain that is plastic, and IF it is in decent shape, I'm willing to throw cash at you, so maybe you could make a buck overall parting it out?

Gimme a pic of the carb underside and we can hash it out!

Back