Slo' Motion Bobber

Beags64

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up as a titled frame ('78), motor ('75) and a couple totes of parts about 6yrs ago.
DSCN0962.JPG DSCN0967.JPG

Typical PO handy work, some people should not have access to power tools.
DSCN0963.JPG DSCN0964.JPG DSCN0965.JPG

Acquired a Voodoo Vintage hardtail...
DSCN0969.JPG

...and set about getting it in place.
DSCN0986.JPG DSCN0987.JPG DSCN1046.JPG
Don't know why there are no closer pics after install, but look how CLEAN the garage was back then!

Couple mock - up roller pics,
DSCN1091.JPG DSCN1092.JPG

Present day it's just a frame on the floor, motor on the stand and lots of big plans LOL!

This will be a good one to follow. You thinkin' rat, fancy paint or somewhere in 'tween?

I like your "engine spacer". Very handy to keep everything straight and square during frame surgery. Are those Harley wheels? I'll be watching this one... :thumbsup:

Middle of the road, we'll say "Rattle Can Fancy". Prolly concentrate more on shop built & one off stuff. Don't want to end up with another cookie cutter scooter. Prefer somebody look at it and say "...wait, WTF is goin' on here?"
Yes, Harley wheels, Wide Glide front end with FL tubes in FX lowers (FL tubes are about 2" shorter IIRC).

Middle of the road, we'll say "Rattle Can Fancy". Prolly concentrate more on shop built & one off stuff. Don't want to end up with another cookie cutter scooter. Prefer somebody look at it and say "...wait, WTF is goin' on here?"
Yes, Harley wheels, Wide Glide front end with FL tubes in FX lowers (FL tubes are about 2" shorter IIRC).
Rattle can fancy. I like that.:D
Throw a little "steampunk" in there....

freedomordeathmachine-left.jpg

Rebuilt the mag on the H, last year, went from Hot start? Fuggetaboutit! to an easy brrm brm every time. prolly had been 3-4 decades since anybody had been in there.

May be a bit tricky but I think I can make it work. While the smarter folks can mess with them electronics like it's nothing, I need things that are more in my range - dead simple! Besides, plenty of parts at the tractor store 5mi up the road.

Back