Slo' Motion Bobber

1/8" radius round over bit chucked up in mill spindle worked great. Took nice light cuts...no problems. Got a bit of clean-up but so far so good.

By gump Forrest this might just work...

100_0566.JPG

'Nother minor deviation....hey it happens. Ran across a parts stash on FB Marketplace, what caught my eye was the 706cc, never put together top end....
100_0605.JPG
....one small glitch, sittin' around picked up some light rust but WTH worth a shot....
100_0596.JPG 100_0597.JPG 100_0598.JPG 100_0599.JPG
....some WD-40 and steel wool, a light kiss with a hone and they cleaned up decent
100_0602.JPG 100_0603.JPG
Holes are a RCH big, .0025"-.0028" clearance, but should still hold together. Since I gotta get a head gasket from Cruzinimage gonna order up a new set of rings too, see if I can tighten the gaps back up on them.

Holes are a RCH big, .0025"-.0028" clearance, but should still hold together.
Yeah... I'd be happy with that. Run 'em. :D
Noticed the broke fin. If you have another set of jugs, swap the liners over. Would be quicker and easier than welding and grinding.

Untitled.png

Yeah... I'd be happy with that. Run 'em. :D
Noticed the broke fin. If you have another set of jugs, swap the liners over. Would be quicker and easier than welding and grinding.

View attachment 178188
Tain't broke jus nibbled a bit.
sides the head covers it
head.jpg

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 61
The rest of the parts haul...
100_0607.JPG

...almost complete motor, missing the head (got a spare on the shelf), rotor/stator (gonna check the classys here IIRC Superjet had one a while back), other than that should be able to scrounge up enough to build a whole motor.

Couple more days of caveman engineering and all the turnin' parts are turnin' (in the right direction even). Still have to work on gettin' 'em turnin' at the right time but we'll save that for another day...
100_0626.JPG 100_0627.JPG 100_0625.JPG

Nice Beags!!
You using sealed bearings or some form of getting oil in there?

Needle rollers, snuck an oil journal up the side of the riser. Bit hard to see but it exits just above the top bearing. There'll be a seal above that and gravity should take care of the rest.
You can see the smaller hole about 10o'clock on the pieces coming out of the motor.
100_0624.JPG 100_0614.JPG

Back