snort'n Norton, the pointless? thread

it had a single carb conversion on it when Gary bought it.
Yes a VERY popular conversion. Had carb off but didn't measure, Mikuni, VM-32 mebby.
Raised the needle one position (it was in the top/leanest position). Did some cleaning polishing, then put on 20 miles of backroads. Needle did it, stumble gone. 👍
Even did good remembering; right foot 1 up 3 down shifting, left foot braking. :cautious:

Yes a VERY popular conversion. Had carb off but didn't measure, Mikuni, VM-32 mebby.
Raised the needle one position (it was in the top/leanest position). Did some cleaning polishing, then put on 20 miles of backroads. Needle did it, stumble gone. 👍
Even did good remembering; right foot 1 up 3 down shifting, left foot braking. :cautious:
Did you enjoy a warm beer afterwards?

Why did I know that was coming?
Ahem .. it's charging and all electrics working just fine thankyouveddymuch
😉
No worries bud. I just happen to have a Norton/Lucas schematic for your bike. You know... just in case. :sneaky:

Lucas schematic.png

No worries bud. I just happen to have a Norton/Lucas schematic for your bike. You know... just in case. :sneaky:

View attachment 246696
What I used to wire it... What's so funny, you can't read a British flow chart?
It easy once you remember the red wires are the earths. Odd how the colonists got that backward

When your painter's laid up a bit of rattle canning will get you by.

Norton LH.JPG

Norton RH (2).JPG

Thought it seemed a little extra "slippery" out on the road yesterday. Checked tires, 2020 date codes, it had been stored in Florida heat...... :eek:

Back