snort'n Norton, the pointless? thread

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
C'mon along for a ramble.
First off: This is all @2XSive fault.
About a year? Ago he mentioned in passing he had a line on a Norton in Florida. Ever the optimist i said hey I'd be interested. Months pass. In a brief interlude of sanity, I sold the commando project that was already on my lift.
I now have a TX750 that needs to go live at @desmoman900 temple of speed in Dalongea GA. But one bike does not make for much of a van trip.
Next up, a semi forlorn XS2 accidentally landed in the shed of ill repute.
HMM a little hinting and marketing later after @GLJ bows out. @BowlingSS finds room for one more "needs love orphan" in his spotless speedy build shop in Lawrenceville GA. With an excuse to visit @JRP01in Edison GA at the ready a trip is set. But seriously friends, return to The Great White North with an empty van?? Can't have THAT, a couple tugs on 2SXs chain and the norton is now in his trailer. A couple days of negotiating and the deal is made, JRP is in FLA for a rally with a trailer and room for "one more bike", he's picking up the commando at noon today. and tonight we meet at his place for the hand off. A couple pics with more to follow. and the Norton rebirth thread I promised @2XSive to document has begun.
Easy peasy right?
Stopped in Nashville on the way down to look at a gray market Toyota awd TD van...
20211112_091936.jpg

chaves takes delivery on the TX750. even better than advertised?
20211113_092330.jpg

Bill and I at the hand off of the XS2
20211114_092159.jpg

At Stone Mountain GA NOW for some tourist stuff. Ugh pics on phone I'll straighten this up later.

Attachments

• 20211111_113451.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
The Norton is on it's way North Gary! It couldn't have ended up in better hands. Maybe I'll make a trip to Wisconsin and you'll let me take it for a spin next summer, lol?

Chaves Forced, FORCED, me to ride the Indian FTR. Jimminy crickets, shouldna done THAT!
Was great meeting Bill and chatting for a bit. he's got some serious racing history under his belt.
Stone Mountain.
20211114_132333.jpg
Can't wait to see the Norton when i get to jp's

Wooow look at that kick stand is it stock caterpillar tracked earth mover or from a Johan Deere tractor
No risk not remember take in
Will it stick out behind the rear wheel in the up Position ( joking )
Cant remember them be so big. What year model 72 ??

Yeah mid 70's for the left side shift unification. Another thing we have our government for dictating. Part of that legislation that said what all the button and switch symbols had to look like, where everything had to be located.
That's a good looking Norton though. God I lusted for those back in the day.

Back