Any advice on jets in vm34 carbs on 77d with aftermarket cone exhaust and uni pods. Currently 25 pilot. 180 mains. Not running great idle is shit. And mid is not to great either.

Don't know why the link doesn't work for you, it works fine for me, the text goes straight to Downloads. There are quite a few threads on tuning VM carburetors on the site, and a quick search should give you plenty of information. Here's another source, the 26 page Yamaha 650 Society carburetor manual. It's as complete as I knew how to make it. It's the property of the 650 Society and the price is $17. To order a copy, send a PM to desmoman900; he's the director of the group.

Understand this: there is no standard recipe that's going to be right for every motor. You need to give the motor what it's asking for, all anybody can give you at a distance is a baseline to work from. You need to look at more than pilot and main jets. If you have the generic Q-2 needle jets in your carbs, replace them with either P-5 or P-6 needle jets. Most of us have the best luck with 6F9 needles. The pilots and mains that you have are a good starting place.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
It was sucking air on my boots and since used some gasket maker along with the gasket to stop that. Hit it with starting fluid and had no problem. Its like when I turn my air screw I get no change. It will idle okay and as soon as I take off on it it feels like it's still sucking air but it's not. I did just find a crack through the left side tapit cover with the four studs will it suck air here ? I will need to check my needle and needle jets to be sure what's there. I moved my clip down on the needle today and it seemed to do a lil better. I'm just not sure where to go. Or if it's even the carbs. It ran better with 2 different carbs with 2 different main jets how could it run worse with the same carbs and same jets this is what has me so fucking confused I'm stuck here. Fuck

Back