Does any one have any experience using this tc bro chopper wiring harness with eletrosport esr350 reg/rec?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220223-144257_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-144257_Google.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 69
So just wanted to update you guys on some progress. I have got most of the bike together. Am working on the wiring harness now and I have made a seat from fiber glass and resin. Will be touching back with you all when I run in to a problem. Dint mind the mess I need to clean the shop.

Attachments

• 20220402_175458.jpg
    20220402_175458.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220301_190026.jpg
    20220301_190026.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 98
So working on the wiring here. Just order the antigravity lithium ion battery to go under my seat. It is the sc-1 model. I have a esr350 electrosport r/r. Are these 2 things compatible or am I needing to get new reg rec?

Not that we don't want to help....
I guess the consensus is that we have no idea.
You will need to look at the voltages the regulator outputs and what the chemistry of you battery requires, and or use them and see how it goes. Mis charging and fires are not impossible with lithium chemistry. Did some half ass DIY lithium battery and BMS mostly just resulted in smoking and melted wires. Mis-matched cells might have been my issue.

insert photos here. ;^)
Early brushes One IS grounded. regulator works by providing +12 to the other brush as needed.

early brush holder a.jpg

early charge circuit diagram.jpg

Late, 80 up, brushes are NOT grounded.
Late brushes.jpg

Late wiring diagram: one brush gets plus 12 whenever ignition is on, regulator acts by controlling ground to the upper/inner brush.
latechargingdiagram.JPG

Last edited:
So looking at the thread I need to 'spliced power into the green wire nothe brown wire? Because coming off my stator I have 3 white 'phase', one neutral ground wire blue, one green wot h is one of the brushes, and what appears to be a brown or black? There is also yellow that's safety relay witch should get capped off. I know I need power to the stator and it has to go with either the brown/black or the green witch one is it? After I ungrounded my brushes

I have found in my humble and narrow experience the throttle cable routing and bends can change your idle. Best to see that the throttle arm on the carb actually rests on the adjust screw. When I reassembled my twist grip recently I was careless and the cable did not lay well in the throttle grove which gave me high idle and a "clicky" feel in the throttle when the cable found the seat/groove. The throttle is so simple it is easy to overlook how important it is.

If you are using the same aftermarket reg/rec as linked to in that thread, a correct unit for the '79 and older alternator, then you don't want or need to install the nylon screws. On the older alternator, the inner brush is grounded full time (through it's mounting screws) and the outer brush is fed regulated power from the regulator. So, positive in through the outer brush and negative out at the inner brush. This completes the circuit. By installing the nylon screws on the inner brush, you have isolated it from ground and the circuit is no longer complete. You will get no charging output.

You must connect the black wire from the new reg/rec unit. It is the ground wire for both the reg and the rec.

Back