So my frame is bent???

prmurat

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so but I a tired of these "adaptive" parts giving this type of results!!!

3e6e329c.jpg

New pairs of mufflers!!! :wtf:

I think everyone has one hang lower than the other, Me, my right one.
Now back to the bikes. Yes, they often hang uneven. You can try loosening all the mount bolts on one side from the head back. Now get your mufflers as even as you can, now tighten the mounts from the rear forward to the head. If this helps fine. If not still even do the other side the same way.
If you can't get them the way youy l;ike you can try bending the low side head pipe up, the high side dow, or the other way round, high side up low side down.
Me I don't worry so much. As long as it runs well and nothing falls off, i'm happy.
Leo

maybe you have one tt pipe, and one regular pipe? i think the tt's have a kick up just after the lowest mount, or right before the muffler.
im not sure on this but is a thought. someoine else here had same problem, and that was the issue.

Something else seems to be out of wack as well. Your left pipe is way to close to the frame, the right looks about right, and where mine are on both my 74TXA and 80SG............ The Passenger left foot-peg looks to be out of level so maybe the bike has had a hit, something is definitely wrong and i don't think it is due to the pipes not alined properly

found your thread about fitting Mikes Exhaust. seems the problem started here and is related to your mod of the bracket or the mufflers from the start, Need more pics and not real close ups

Last edited:
Back