Sold my XS2

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2005.jpg
Getting close. I still need a set of rear foot pegs for my X2 I am restoring. Got the engine in yesterday. Put the headers on today after having to drill out one header. The hole size on the right one was 8 mm and needed to be 10+. What model used 8 mm? Must of been 70 or 71.

Waiting on a center stand I bought off of eBay. He measured it and it should fit. Have all the electric parts working. Put the tank on and cranked it up with just the headers. Set the carbs and sounds good. . I might keep this one.

Still have not found another 70-73 to restore

Can I get the center stand on without taking the rear wheel off? It is going to be at least a week before I get the stand. I hope it fits.

The spring will probably be the hardest with the wheel in the way. I have always added the center stand before the wheel but I was not sure when I was going to find one.
Thanks.
Bill

View attachment 200688 Getting close. I still need a set of rear foot pegs for my X2 I am restoring. Got the engine in yesterday. Put the headers on today after having to drill out one header. The hole size on the right one was 8 mm and needed to be 10+. What model used 8 mm? Must of been 70 or 71.

Waiting on a center stand I bought off of eBay. He measured it and it should fit. Have all the electric parts working. Put the tank on and cranked it up with just the headers. Set the carbs and sounds good. . I might keep this one.

Can I get the center stand on without taking the rear wheel off? It is going to be at least a week before I get the stand. I hope it fits.

Thats a fine looking bit of kit. Nice job well done.

View attachment 200688 Getting close. I still need a set of rear foot pegs for my X2 I am restoring. Got the engine in yesterday. Put the headers on today after having to drill out one header. The hole size on the right one was 8 mm and needed to be 10+. What model used 8 mm? Must of been 70 or 71.

Looking great. One if my favourite colour combo’s.

Jeepers, these machines seem to fall out of the trees across the pond.
You rarely see one in Blighty, basket case or restored.
Ours will be gone soon. Exporters are paying top dollar for them, putting them in containers for Japan, Europe and Australia.

Back