Sold / Found / Inactive - Special fuel tank, $100 shipped CONUS

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Black rattle can paint under 2-part epoxy clear--fuel proof finish. I used this tank for a few years on my D, then decided I liked the look and range of the Standard tank better. There are no visible lumps, bumps, or ripples, and only one small fill with USC All Metal aluminum filler. Inside is coated with Caswell epoxy liner done right; the black spots were present before the liner was applied, and the tank itself was degreased,flushed, and dried before application of the liner. Tumblers have been removed from gas cap lock, any key, screwdriver, etc. will open the cap.

Defects: fine orange peel in clear coat, one scratch, one small chip.

Petcock is on the on left, blanking plate on right, plug-and-play for later systems; blanking plate is tapped for a manual petcock. Unscrew the plug from the adapter, thread in a 1/4" manual petcock,and go! (I wouldn't, though; the single petcock setup leaves only 4 oz. of fuel in the untapped side.) Presence of 2 petcocks marks this as an early Special tank. Will fit any XS650 from 1974 forward.

Filled tank to ensure petcock and adapter plates seal. They do--no seepage anywhere.

Same deal: payment by mail only,

Last edited:
Oops! Thought I'd done that. Here ya go, and thanks for the catch. Light spots are artifacts of bad photography, I'll redo this stuff in better light later today.

IMG_1033.JPG
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG

Back