spoke set rear wheel XS650B '75

Niels B

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
now that i'm at asking a bunch of questions, is there anyone out there selling replica of the original spoke set for the XS650B ? i have obviously looked at e-bay and all the to me know webpages of OEM parts, however in vain so far. The set presently in the wheel is with the exception of a bunch of surface corrosion in ok shape - just trying to avoid the boring work of polishing them back up to look like new or the cost of re-chrome as that may turn out being more expensive than a new set :)

I just bought a set of stainless from Mikes on mine. Still not cheap at $75 per wheel, but if you are going to replace them it is my opinion to do it right and use stainless. I've read reviews of cad and chrome re-pops rusting within a few years. Buchanan's is north of $100 per wheel and that is not polished. They will polish them for an additional fee.

I looked at mikes Xs but could only find rum and spikes as a set and my rims can be polished to look like new again. Thanks for the reply - I’ll take another look

I've used that spoke set on my XS2. Two different spokes one for the innies the other for the outies. Worked well.

They tend to be a little long in the bend but I've put in and run many sets a lot of miles without issues.
brake rotors spacer poa 013.JPG

rear wheel 010.JPG

Last edited:
I suggest spending the extra money and getting stainless spokes from Buchanan's instead of Mike's XS. They can even do high polish + polished nipples as well, and they'll be top notch.

Back