Sprocket size

Sure, if you don't plan to cruise the bike over 40 mph or so. here's a very nice chart on this site that will tell you exactly what you want to know. The search function works very well indeed. Seek and you will find!

Sure, if you don't plan to cruise the bike over 40 mph or so. here's a very nice chart on this site that will tell you exactly what you want to know. The search function works very well indeed. Seek and you will find!
What is a good option ?

Back when my bike was still new, I had a rear sprocket one size larger than stock. It was great for running between traffic lights and speed limits no greater than 45 mph. I went back to stock when I got a job with a 50 mile commute. It was no good for that.

I don't stop light drag anymore and 17-32 is nice with the 750 big bore.
left rear sprocket.jpg

I ordered a new chain and sprockets yesterday, from 650 Central. 17/34 is my choice. MMM did not have a 34, so I'm getting a 33. I'm skeptical, but I'll try it. sustained 60 mph with 17/34 works great and that's all I need. I'm going to order a 34 with my next Amazon selection. Just in case!

48T Is fine for a hill climber, you'll probably want at least 16"+ swing arm. Trying to run a sporty wheel without changing the sprocket?

Back