stainless headers and chrome mufflers

zrx1100

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures and experience with how stainless headers paired with chrome mufflers look over time? I anticipate a mismatch with stainless yellowing.

Does anyone have pictures and experience with how stainless headers paired with chrome mufflers look over time? I anticipate a mismatch with stainless yellowing.
Just polish the ss pipes whenever required. I often use a piece of lightweight ratchet strap and Autosol. Quick and easy.

FB_IMG_1655243469752.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. These answer my question
Well, they do to a degree. Having done over 100 000 km on a Ducati with OEM SS exhaust pipes, I do know first hand that they turn yellow/ golden over time. But polishing them back to a nice shine is not very hard. If anything, I would prefer SS pipes over Chrome any day. Of course, this is my personal view.

Cool bike Jay. What year/model was it. Tank? Fairing? Seat? Engine mods? Just curious.
78 I think, it's made from bits, was originally built with a xs750 tank fitted but this was too big had this tank in the garage for years not got a clue what its off, the engine is my lower compression engine using JE pistons but shaved down to lower compression 1mm over valves and race cam of unknown make, was only using this one as the engine i normally run was worn out
20220103_124302.jpg

Back