Stock Bolt kits for the XS650

TwinLewi

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey there,
Was searching images online and info from my manual afor what the stock bolt and nut assembly are for the Xs650. I believe there are quite a few button style nuts that are used around the bike. Specifically on the bottom of the motor. I can’t find the info or pics of the bottom side of the motor to help me get the correct assembly for my 73Tx650.
Was hoping the crew here could help and share images of the bottom side of their motor’s. If you have a stock set! Hope this is not to vague. Silly request but hopefully there is help! Cheers mates! Hope all are safe, healthy and well.

upload_2020-7-17_5-56-24.jpeg

Engine case crown nuts. MikesXS

The six dome nuts w/ copper sealing washers need to go in specific locations. Apparently those six studs need to be sealed against oil leakage. Note that one of the dome nuts is under the left side cover .....

rC7PBrW.jpg

You can just see it here on the upper left .....

B0bwywv.jpg

I've already torqued my head but used the old fasteners..... Then decided to order new ones.
Would it be okay to replace them with ough changing gaskets / washers etc....?

I've already torqued my head but used the old fasteners..... Then decided to order new ones.
Would it be okay to replace them with ough changing gaskets / washers etc....?
You can anneal those copper washers. Heat them to red hot and allow them to cool. That will soften them. If copper is what you used.

You can anneal those copper washers. Heat them to red hot and allow them to cool. That will soften them. If copper is what you used.
Copper anneals a bit different from most metals. You heat it red hot then quench in water to anneal. Sounds wacky I know... but that's how copper works.

The six dome nuts w/ copper sealing washers need to go in specific locations. Apparently those six studs need to be sealed against oil leakage. Note that one of the dome nuts is under the left side cover .....

rC7PBrW.jpg

You can just see it here on the upper left .....

B0bwywv.jpg
5twins you always come in clutch mate! Way to be. Thanks for sharing the photo’s I needed to see. As always you and all the other xs gods members never disappoint!

Back